Local Marketing + Events Specialist, Bay Area
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
The Local Marketing Specialist is a member of the Local Marketing and Inclusion Team that is responsible for marketing, events, public relations, non-profit relationships, government affairs, and brand engagement on a regional level.
This job contributes to REI’s success by planning and executing local marketing events, sponsorships, and brand engagement campaigns within the Bay Area market as directed by the Regional Manager. In collaboration with local Retail, Experiences, Marketing, and other internal partners, the Local Marketing Specialist plans outdoor activity-centric local programs and activations that result in increased brand awareness and engagement, increased customer lifetime value, new customer acquisition, member retention, store/digital traffic, all while connecting Co-op wide values and initiatives at a market level. This role also coordinates local nonprofit and b2b partnerships and community engagement plans with a focus on diversity and inclusion, as well as sustainability. Some additional responsibilities include budget management, marketing and grand opening support, partnership development and management, social media monitoring, program assessment and reporting, program coordination, creative, local advocacy, stewardship projects, and support for local public affairs efforts.
This role requires the candidate to live and work full time in the Bay Area market
Your Planning & Implementation Requirements
• Assists Manager in development of the local marketing and brand engagement plan in alignment with national initiatives
• Leads and produces activity-specific local events, sponsorships, and experiential marketing programs in their assigned market.
• Regularly attends events and other customer facing programming, which often happen on nights and weekends
• Manages Market event infrastructure and inventory and is responsible for the organization, upkeep, and transport of these resources
• Coordinates + updates monthly, quarterly, and annual local program calendar/plan as directed by the Regional Marketing Manager Collaborates with Retail store teams to bring Local Marketing + Co-op initiatives to life, as well as to support, resource, and mentor Retail teams to create their own events.
• Leads + supports REI’s inclusion work in local communities?
• Leads and coordinates partnerships with local groups and grant partners (e.g. outdoor focused; diversity & inclusion; civic leaders) Coordinates the integration and execution of national vendor programs as directed by AHQ
• Tracks budget as directed by the Regional Marketing Manager
• Collects feedback, insights, and imagery, and evaluates ROI on programs to improve future plans
• Builds positive and beneficial relationships with Store Managers and Retail Director to ensure buy-in and support of Local Marketing programs Visits market stores as needed to support relationship building and program execution
Bring your passion and expertise
• 2+ years of experiential marketing + community engagement experience- planning and producing events and brand activations, community partnerships
• 2+ years experience in building productive and mutually beneficial relationships and partnerships between for-profit and non-profit organizations
• 1+ years of experience in managing budgets
• Ability and strength influencing, leading and collaborating with peers and remote groups to produce desired results
• Passion for preserving and recreating in the outdoors
• Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning in order to produce quality work and meet deadlines.
• Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
• Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
• Ability to prioritize work while simultaneously managing multiple projects
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient public speaker. Comfortable hosting large events.
• Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities. Ability to tie creative and innovative approaches back to business objectives and initiatives.
• Mid-level PC skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, Publisher.
• Mid-level experience with digital marketing platforms and social media monitoring: Facebook, Instagram, TikTok
• Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
• Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
• Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
• Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
• Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals. Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
As required by applicable Pay Transparency laws, REI provides the compensation for roles that may be hired in locations under these requirements. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include a wide array of factors, including your specific skills and experience, geographic location or other relevant factors. The salary range for this position may be lower or higher in different markets.
The pay for this role is: $30.04 - 45.05 per hour.
As required by applicable Pay Transparency laws, REI provides a range of compensation for roles that may be hired in locations under these requirements. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include a wide array of factors, including: your specific skills and experience, geographic location or other relevant factors.
The pay for this role is: $24.51 - $36.77 per hour .
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel disco