Regional Operations Coordinator - Gear and Equipment
Travel and Adventure
Arizona Adventure Center
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
REI is committed to becoming a fully inclusive, antiracist, multicultural organization. To fulfill our brand promise of enabling a life well-lived outside for everyone, we are seeking candidates who demonstrate shared values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism.
This job contributes to REI’s success by supporting multi-day operations through trip planning, support for Day and Multi-Day programs and communicating with guides prior to and upon trip return. The Regional Operations Coordinator is responsible for communicating cross-divisionally within the regional team to ensure that all operational needs are accounted for each departure and inventory is available.
The Regional Operations Coordinator anticipates and supports trip needs, fulfills requests, and answers questions related to warehouse procedures. During trip departure the position ensures that all equipment is properly loaded into vehicle(s) and that the guides are familiar with the resources provided. Upon return, the Regional Operations Coordinator will assist the trip leaders in cleaning and returning equipment and addressing any concerns regarding program operations. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
• Researches, completes applications, and reviews current and new land use permits, Commercial Use Agreements (CUAs)
• Oversees and assists guides with trip food and gear pack, preparation, and returns. Acts as point of contact for guides answering questions and supporting trips
• Maintains accurate inventory of all multi-day equipment and gear
• Purchases equipment for the multi-day program
• Develops systems to track inventory and equipment use
• Develops systems for processing and cleaning equipment
• Maintains, repairs and/or replaces damaged equipment
• Supports meal plans that provide gourmet food for adventure trips across the U.S. Modifies meal plans to meet the customer requirements of each trip.
• Coordinates kitchen/food purchasing and inventory for adventure trips.
• Monitors food purchases to ensure adherence to annual operating budget.
• Contacts and builds relationships with vendors to improve the product that is provided to guests at an affordable price
• Maintains cleanliness in the kitchen and warehouse in order to provide a spotless and healthy working space
• Follows established warehouse safety guidelines
• Ensures warehouse organization, cleanliness and efficiency
• Participates in “on-call” responsibilities of the department’s emergency phone when scheduled.
Bring your passion and expertise
• 1+ year experience guiding or relevant experience in hands-on operational or logistical support or equivalent
• 1+ year experience in relevant food industry support role (e.g. catering, restaurant kitchen support, etc.)
• Certified Food Protection Manager (• certification is required for specific roles and responsibilities. If candidate is hired to oversee food & beverage operations, candidate must complete prior to start date)
• First Aid and CPR certification. (If candidate is hired without current certifications, candidate must complete within the first 3 months of hire.)
• Wilderness First Aid or Responder certification.
• Valid in-state drivers’ license with an acceptable driving background and ability to obtain a medical examiner’s certificate which includes a physical and drug screen.
• Ability to perform tasks under pressure and within a deadline driven environment.
• Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail.
• Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive proficiency.
• Ability to accurately follow directions and to quickly learn new procedures.
• Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
• Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
• Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
• Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
• Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
• Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
• Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
• Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
• Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
• Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
• Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
REI hires, trains, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We remain deeply committed to making the Co-op a place where everyone can feel safe and be themselves. Join us.
As required by applicable Pay Transparency laws, REI provides a range of compensation for roles that may be hired in locations under these requirements. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include a wide array of factors, including: your specific skills and experience, geographic location or other relevant factors.
The pay for this role is: $17.61 - $22.00 per hour .
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity EmployerPAGE-BRE