Senior Financial Analyst
Posted Date: Jul-20-2020
Job ID: 17852
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Finance
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue’s Spring District, Summer 2020!
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by providing timely, convincing, relevant and technically sound financial analysis and recommendations that will assist end-users in evaluating corporate performance and support decision making. The Analyst provides this support to senior management, retail, support center and distribution center managers and supervisors through performing financial analysis, management reporting, strategic planning, budgeting and leading special projects. The Senior Financial Analyst is expected to work independently with the Division they support, representing the Finance Department as a subject matter expert.
• Drives proactive ad-hoc financial analysis by identifying what information is needed, where the data can be found and how it should be compiled, analyzed & presented
• Owns the set-up, creation and execution of strategic planning, budgeting, and subsequent intra-year forecasting of processes and tools
• Works with department managers to identify best practices for expense tracking and what metrics should be measured; instills focus on forecast accuracy and financial discipline
• Produces budget justification analysis utilized by the Leadership Team to review, prioritize and make decisions on the proposed operating budget
• Produces regular co-op reporting including Board Packets, Business Reviews, and key operational dashboards
• Identifies financial impact of strategic objectives, which are to be factored into the five year strategic plan
• Compiles monthly reporting for each department that explains P&L variances and solicits feedback for forecasting
• Completes lease versus buy analysis on equipment & facilities
• Produces profitability analysis for proposed new investments, such as; new stores, expansions & relocations and tracks the actual result versus the proforma
• Prepares annual dividend analysis and produces projections on the potential sales impact of changes to the dividend policy
• Interacts with internal and external auditors, providing data and explanations on processes flows
• Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan, receives guidance from Manager
Bring your passion and expertise
• 4-7 years of financial planning and analysis experience in Accounting/Finance
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, or similar
• MBA or similar certification
• Proven success executing a corporate-wide budget cycle
• Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze and objectively solve problems using sound judgment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience interfacing with Board of Directors and senior management professionals
• Ability to effectively handle multiple competing priorities and deadlines under pressure
• Demonstrated effective leadership, supervising and interpersonal skills to instruct or assign work to others, motivate and coach, and evaluate work performance
• Advanced PC experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience with Essbase, SAP, and/or equivalent planning and ERP systems
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Experience working in retail industry
• Builds capacity of individuals and teams through effective employee development, involvement, communication, and supervision efforts.
• Creates a strong, mutually supportive work spirit and culture where people can do their best
• Establishes trust and inspires others
• Makes effective organization and people decisions in a manner consistent with REI's values and ethics
• Delivers on commitments and holds others to same
• Champions the organization and advocates solutions in the overall Company's best interest
• Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
• Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions
• Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers
• Fosters change in company direction
• Effectively plans and executes changes
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to job search