Senior Project Manager, Digital
Posted Date: Aug- 4-2020
Job ID: 17968
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: eCommerce / Online
Store: REI Headquarters is moving to Bellevue’s Spring District, Summer 2020!
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by providing project management leadership to manage a portfolio of digital marketing and merchandising projects.
This person manages the processes and communications needed to assemble and publish REI.com experiences. They lead ongoing business and operations process improvement to drive efficiency and effectiveness, including development of capacity models to forecast a resource plan.
The Senior Project Manager, Digital acts as the key liaison and communicator between multiple stakeholders both internal and external to the REI Digital team. This position is responsible for developing and managing schedules, communications, and deliverables for multiple large and complex projects simultaneously from initial planning stages through concepting, project execution, and final delivery. This role will be responsible for project management of critical proof of concept/pilot efforts related to testing, personalization and other site optimizations.
This position requires business savvy, excellent communication skills and the ability to use critical thinking skills to problem-solve and mitigate business risk.
• Provides project management support for a portfolio of digital projects in support of the digital revenue plan, annual marketing campaigns/events, business initiatives and business program plans.
• Project management support includes project requirements intake, scheduling and facilitating project team meetings with internal and external partners, communication of project status, and issue resolution.
• Accountable for ensuring project milestones are achieved for successful execution of on time and on brand execution of rei.com campaigns and digital merchandising and program experiences.
• Leads and/or contributes to continuous business process improvement efforts to help streamline and standardize workflow, communication, and resource efficiencies utilizing established process improvement techniques and methodologies.
• Manages annual, quarterly and ongoing project forecasting and resource planning.
• Responsible for capacity model development and ongoing capacity management support for resource managers.
• Partners with business owners and other stakeholders on intake of new projects, understands business strategies and provides recommendations to manage capacity to support changing and/or emerging business needs.
• Leads weekly planning meetings with management working group, manages intake and backlog, manages communication to project requestors
• Works with Digital Production resource managers to assess impact of requested work and understand available capacity.
• Partners with a Digital Project Manager who oversees production execution, so ability to clearly outline a project or process for transfer of work is key.
• Employs content management tool expertise and digital best practices knowledge to project manage efficient and consistent digital experiences.
Bring your passion and expertise
5+ years experience with e-commerce or digital project management, managing and publishing content to dynamically generated, interactive webpages in a fast-paced environment
5+ years experience managing process and programs to develop and publish high traffic customer facing web sites
5+ years project management experience, with the ability to both oversee the strategy for multiple projects and manage issues as needed at the tactical level
Demonstrated experience in continuous process improvements
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Experience with project management and workflow tools, such as JIRA, WorkFront, etc.
Working knowledge of Visio, Adobe Connect Pro preferred
Demonstrated knowledge and application of Project Management principles
Skilled and fluent in a fully digital environment
Demonstrated experience using project management technology
Proven ability to troubleshoot, identify, and execute innovative solutions for website production challenges
Actively participates, collaborates, and leads with others on one's own team and cross divisionally for the achievement of business goals
Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities
Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers
Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work and meet deadlines
Builds and fosters relationships with multiple partners both inside and outside of the department
Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change
Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to job search