Asset Protection, Retail Safety and Security Specialist - Seattle Flagship Store
Posted Date: Jul- 9-2020
Job ID: 17755
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Asset Protection
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by ensuring the security and safety of your store team and members by providing a presence on REI property and at events. Activities include but are not limited to: fostering partnerships with and training store management and staff and taking action to address shrink and security. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
• Demonstrated ability to proactively partner with key stakeholders at all levels
• Monitors, assesses and takes action to address physical security and safety of retail store(s) and events.
• Is engaging and has a positive attitude to all members and teams.
• Makes consistent patrols in and around retail store(s)/events, checking for unsafe conditions, hazards, security violations, and unauthorized persons.
• Observes, verbally deescalates and reports incidents or suspicious activity to Asset Protection team and store management. Prepares narratives, logs, and case reports as required.
• When requested, represents REI in court.
• May support other market stores with Asset Protection services.
• Adheres to REI’s policies and procedures and ensures that such policies and procedures are implemented throughout the store.
• Assists management in the event of any emergencies.
• Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of emergencies and provides direction or information to others.
• Participates in periodic training and subject matter updates for the store team
• May create and/or execute the security strategy for special REI events.
• Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays) and regular attendance necessary.
Bring your passion and expertise
• Minimum of 3 years of security experience, including CCTV usage, in a retail store setting with a national brand (or equivalent experience)
• Knowledge of local laws on theft, shoplifting and?apprehension.
• Ability to apply effective analytical and critical thinking skills, solve problems independently and as part of a team.
• Demonstrated ability?to effectively convey knowledge, information and skills to others through in-person and virtual sessions.
• Experience with PC applications, preferably Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Access.
• Strong interpersonal and writing skills; ability to interact well and build rapport with individuals at all levels within and outside the organization.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to job search