Supervisor of Operations, Distribution Center (Second Shift, Sunday-Thursday)
Posted Date: Oct-29-2020
Job ID: 18191
Job Function: Distribution Center
Store: Distribution Center PA
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
Curious why REI has been on the Forbes Top 100 Places to Work for 23 years running? Or why we were recently named #1 Best Employer for Women? Come join us and find out!
REI believes in the value of respect, integrity and a job well done. Whether on a customer call or in the warehouse, your resourcefulness and contributions enable the co-op to find new and uncommon ways forward. As a Full Time employee of REI you have access to an excellent benefits package, paid time off, unlimited sick time, bonus eligibility, 401K and major discounts.
This job contributes to REI’s success by serving as a Supervisor, Operations in one of our operation departments. Provides expectations to Operation Lead and Department Employees on a daily basis, is responsible for training, scheduling, and motivating employees to perform assigned tasks. Responsible for daily operations to ensure that the work is completed accurately, safely, and timely. Observes employees and provides continual performance feedback; which includes development, career advice, and corrective action. Work should be accomplished in a way that supports the Company’s business initiatives and objectives. Responsibilities include; employee motivation and morale, communication of company policies, procedures, and announcements, adherence to company policies, budgeting, profit and loss compliance in assigned area, and escalation of issues to manager level and HR as required. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
• Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the organization promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
• Supports the implementation of company programs, procedures, methods and practices to promote REI key messages.
• Challenges and inspires employees to achieve business results.
• Ensures employees adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
• Oversees training and development of employees directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
• Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
• Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to employees in order to achieve department, company and customer results.
• Establishes and maintains visibility within the department.
• Monitors operational statistics, reports trends, variances and issues, and takes appropriate action.
• Serves as an example to other employees by consistently demonstrating exemplary work habits, which contribute to teamwork, safety, productivity, and efficiency; maintains own current functional knowledge and skills to assist staff with daily workload as needed.
• Provides training, coaching, motivating, and scheduling work hours; communicates frequent and consistent feedback for employee development and evaluations, and plans for future staffing and training needs.
• Supervises assigned department to ensure effective execution of Company goals; provides input to the annual department business plan, department budget, and staffing requirements.
• Develops, monitors, and operates within departmental annual payroll, capital and expense budgets.
• Supervises daily processes to ensure work meets volume and quality standards; provides regular status/volume reports; analyzes and develops changes, procedures, policies, and practices, including maintaining the departmental standard operating procedures.
• Supervises the utilization of department employees to meet Company needs; communicates Company policies and procedures; hires, trains and evaluates department employees; forecasts for future staffing and training needs.
• Protects the assets of REI both in product, equipment and technology
• Maintains ongoing relationships and serves as member on various committees to represent departmental and/or overall Company interests; communicates Company needs and expectations internally or externally; provides review, input, and recommendations as appropriate.
• Assists in the preparation of annual department business plan; recommends changes to systems, policies and practices.
Bring your passion and expertise
• 3+ years experience in leadership, successfully leading a team of employees.
• 3+ years experience in Distribution or relevant experience desired. Retail or other operations management would also be considered.
• Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to operate a personal computer using Windows as well as applications specific to field, such as WMS system, and Radio Frequency Equipment.
• Ability to measure and develop department performance.
• Ability to manage department-level budget accounts.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule in multiple areas as trained on a daily or weekly basis
• Ability to hold employees accountable to REI’s expectations; which may include corrective action as necessary
• Builds capacity of individuals and teams through effective employee development, involvement, communication, and supervision efforts.
• Establishes trust and inspires others.
• Fosters change in company direction.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to job search