Senior Customer Research Analyst
Posted Date: Apr-21-2021
Job ID: 19774
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
The Sr. Customer Research Analyst contributes to REI’s success by providing customer research analysis to decrease decision risk, increase overall profitability, and inform the design of best-in-class experiences across customer touchpoints. The position supports and represents the customer across the Co-op to advocate for a customer-focused approach to business. The Sr. Analyst will play a key role in building knowledge of our customer across foundational, generative, and evaluative research efforts in order to inform and validate design of customer experience across Co-op touchpoints. The Sr. Analyst will socialize research findings throughout the Co-op to increase knowledge of the customer and support innovation efforts to deliver best-in-class customer experiences. Models and acts in accordance with the Co-op Way (values & mission).
Design, develop, execute and analyze custom quantitative and qualitative research projects to support cross-divisional business objectives, decision-making processes and solve for end-to-end customer pain points/needs across touchpoints
Generate insightful, relevant research at appropriate scale to deliver actionable, data-driven recommendations that address partners’ objectives and Co-op strategic priorities
Leverage transactional data, third party resources, and competitive intelligence to support research & insight development
Manage quantitative survey tools, statistical software, data analysis applications, and all phases of qualitative project management
Support manager with internal partner consultation, project coordination, annual research and budget planning
Provide collaborative ad-hoc decision support and represent the voice and needs of customers across the Co-op
Help develop best in class research processes and drive integration of insights into business decision-making processes
Mentor and train junior analysts on research methodologies, skills and applications
Educate internal partners and employees about research practices and applications
Develop and manage cross-divisional research relationships as well as external research vendor relationships
Champion customer insights and the voice of customer throughout the Co-op
Establish and oversee relationships with external vendors
Bring your passion and expertise
• 5+ years of experience in all aspects of primary marketing research methods, including qualitative and quantitative methodologies across the generative and evaluative spectrum, sampling processes, questionnaire design, data quality assurance, in-depth data analysis skills, and basic statistical knowledge. Vendor side research experience preferred.
• High empathy to see the world through the customers eyes. Acts as an advocate for customer in the interest of building a customer-centric culture.
• Demonstrated ability to construct and manage quantitative and qualitative research projects through all phases of research design, survey programming, recruitment, data collection, analysis, and presentation. Proven experience in research vendor management and self-serve survey platforms (e.g. Qualtrics or similar)
• Working knowledge of user-centered design principles, research methods, and user experience deliverables (service maps, wireframes, flow charts, personas, functional specifications, etc.)
• Advanced skills in business communications, with particular emphasis on verbal, written and presentation skills. Proven ability to write persuasively, provide relevant, succinct and actionable analysis, and to adapt communication style to audience (both written & verbal)
• Proven experience in the application and use of quantitative marketing research analytical principles, methodologies and statistics, including confidence intervals and sampling errors, correlations, probabilities, segmentation, conjoint, modeling, and regression analyses.
• Experience developing best in class research practices and mentoring junior staff on research skills, methods, and application.
• Ability to work independently and efficiently with a minimum of supervision. Ability to proactively manage expectations, develop partnerships, and work effectively in a collaborative, cross-divisional environment.
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge/use of business-related PC applications, such as Excel, Word, Outlook, and Power Point. Previous experience or knowledge of statistical software (such as SPSS) and business intelligence programs (such as Tableau) preferred.
• Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and proactively keeping others informed of work plans and progress.
• Four-year college graduate required. Degree in marketing, marketing research, business math, statistics, or applied social research preferred.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to job search