Sr Sales Manager, Retail - Seattle
Posted Date: Jun- 2-2021
Job ID: 20354
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Retail Management
Store: Seattle - Store 11
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
As the Senior Retail Sales Manager, you are a key member of the retail store management team. In this role, you are responsible for partnering with the Store Manager and leading the store management team to ensure the effective execution of all functions associated with running a retail profit center. This responsibility includes driving sales, service, membership, customer satisfaction, employee experience, profitability goals, and management of building facilities. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
• Assesses the effectiveness of their management staff by providing the appropriate level of performance feedback.
• Communicates with store staff & management, retail leadership, cross-divisional partners, vendors and customers clearly, concisely and accurately in order to ensure effective store operations.
• Plans, identifies, communicates and delegates appropriate responsibilities to management staff and store employees to ensure smooth store operations to execute the Store Manager’s store vision and direction.
• Consistently reviews store environment (visual merchandising, facilities, garage, restaurant, etc.) and key business indicators (inventory, service levels, etc.) to identify strengths and business opportunities.
• Ensures store’s profitability, financial budgeting, and operational excellence are appropriately managed. Leverages tools, reports and insights to make appropriate business adaptations that result in increased sales and service.
• Facilitates expense control process, including managing payroll, inventories, supplies and other operational expenses.
• Partners with key headquarters and district support partners in order to meet the store’s operational objectives, customer service standards and execute corporate initiatives.
• Utilizes management information tools and analyze financial reports to identify trends, new strategies and issues to increase store performance and maximizing results.
• Recruit, hire, and develop a diverse and talented team.
• Leads and inspires a customer centric culture by recognizing and rewarding team.
• Actively coaches, trains and develops management team of Retail Sales Managers with development and training plans.
• Develop top performers and consistently evaluate performance, provide coaching and appropriate level of feedback.
• Becomes an advocate within the community for stewardship by removing participation barriers through education, encouraging and enabling volunteerism, and building meaningful and lasting relationships with others in the community.
Bring your passion and expertise
Are you a bold leader? Do you thrive in the outdoors? Are you ready to lead and coach a dedicated team to reach organizational goals? Bring your leadership skills to REI and help us strengthen our co-op by promoting the REI culture within the co-op and evangelizing our brand to our external customers. We pride ourselves on living our values and we look to our store leadership teams to deliver on that promise. Ready for your next adventure? Take a look at the skills we look for in our Senior Sales Managers:
• Minimum of 3-5 years of successful retail management experience.
• Dynamic Leadership Skills with the ability to recruit, hire, train, lead, motivate, retail and develop future leaders.
• Demonstrated dynamic leadership skills with the ability to lead, motivate and develop future leaders.
• Proficiency in interpreting and using retail financial metrics to drive key performance indicators.
• Demonstrated ability to set standards and hold team members accountable.
• Proven financial acumen to include: budgeting and forecasting sales, gross margin, inventory turns, expense control and net profit.
• Bold Leadership in managing change.
• Effective communication skills.
• Commitment to deliver an outstanding customer experience.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to job search