Operations Support Rep Full-time Seasonal - Scottsdale, AZ
Posted Date: Jun- 2-2021
Job ID: 20356
Job Function: Outdoor Education
Store: Scottsdale Adventure Center
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by supporting the efforts of the Permits Team to secure and maintain public land use permits and by directly supporting the guide team through the pre-trip processes of packing and preparing food and gear for all Multi-Day Adventure Tours. The Operations Coordinator oversees and actively participates in warehouse, kitchen, and vehicle fleet processes, to ensure all gear, food and vehicles meet safety and quality standards. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
• Researches, completes applications, and reviews current and new land use permits
• Upholds compliance standards within the organization
• Completes and submits requisite land use reporting and renewal paperwork to land management agencies
• Coordinates operational resources (gear, vehicles and food) for multi-day adventure programs
• Supervises and assists with trip food and gear pack, preparation, and returns
• Maintains accurate gear inventories
• Maintains, repairs and/or replaces damaged equipment
• Upkeeps warehouse and kitchen organization, cleanliness, and efficiency
• Collaborates with staff and guide team in the creation and building process of specialized equipment
• Shops food included on Multi-Day Tours for guide-prepared meals
• Follows established warehouse safety guidelines
Bring your passion and expertise
The position requires an exceptional level of organizational skill with the ability to manage many different tasks, activities, and deadlines. We put a high value on quality and above all, the ability and desire to exercise accountability in all aspects of your work.
• Functional knowledge of administrative tasks utilizing Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive
• Ability to accurately follow directions and quickly learn new procedures
• Valid Driver’s License
• Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals
• Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals
• Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations
• Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to job search