Posted Date: May-18-2021
Job ID: 20139
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
As the IT Project Manager, Order Management, you’ll be managing key initiatives in Order Management and Customer Experience. This job contributes to REI’s success by planning, developing, managing and implementing medium to large moderately complex information technology projects, using a structured project management methodology. Projects have both a business and a technology focus.?
If you are passionate about Customer Experience and Order Management and working with a high performing team of Engineers, Architects, and Business Analysts, this is the role for you!
A successful candidate will be comfortable partnering closely with Business and IT Stakeholders understanding the business needs/Technical dependencies, developing project charters/plan/budget and subsequently working with our engineering teams to have these delivered.
• Initiates, plans, controls and closes medium to large projects utilizing REI’s project management methodology
• Plans the project in detail, develops project budget, organizes the project team and works with resource managers to acquire and schedule resources
• Manages the progress of the project and communicates the project status to management and stakeholders on a regular basis
• Ensures that overall project deliverables are completed, including project charter, project plan, project schedule, requirements, design, development, testing, implementation, policies and procedures, new standards, contracts, risks and issues lists
• Identifies, evaluates and manages cross-project interdependencies
• Ensures project quality and success through management of project action items, including managing risks and issues, the decision process, initiating change requests, meeting schedule milestones, resource management, and financial planning and control
Bring your passion and expertise
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or business (administration, finance, etc.), or equivalent work experience required
• 2+ years of project management experience as a Project Manager on a large-scale project implementation; previous experience in Sterling Order Management is a plus
• 2 + years of experience coordinating efforts of resources in a matrixed team structure and managing projects with budgets $500K-$3M range
• Experience in establishing and maintaining Project Management Plans
• Aptitude for creative thinking, decision-making, problem-solving, systems thinking, personal ethics, organizational skills and trustworthiness
• Knowledge of multiple SDLC methodologies, standards, procedures and organization that contribute to the development and deployment of technology solutions
• Thorough understanding of Waterfall/Agile software development methodologies, values and procedures
• Skills in resource management, project prioritization, issues management and mediation
• Demonstrated experienced user of Microsoft Office Suite, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Apps for Project Management, Google Drive, Slides and similar tools
• Outstanding communication skills (oral, written, presentation and listening)
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to job search