Operations Coordinator, Food & Beverage - Scottsdale, AZ
Posted Date: Jun- 8-2021
Job ID: 20422
Job Function: Outdoor Education
Store: Scottsdale Adventure Center
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by coordinating and supervising all food and beverage details for our outdoor adventures. This includes maintaining inventory as well as coordinating meal plans for each trip both locally and domestically. Makes purchases and carefully monitors food and beverage expenses, ensuring profitability. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
Your Planning & Navigating Requirements (the plans the job is responsible for creating and executing, and how the job ensures they are implemented)
• Supports meal plans that provide gourmet food for adventure trips across the U.S. Modifies meal plans to meet the customer requirements of each trip.
• Coordinates kitchen/food purchasing and inventory for adventure trips.
• Monitors food purchases to ensure adherence to annual operating budget.
• Contacts and builds relationships with vendors to improve the product that is provided to guests at an affordable price
• Maintains cleanliness in the kitchen and warehouse in order to provide a spotless and healthy working space
• Supervises guides throughout the packing process to maintain inventory and provide them with necessary support
• Participates in “on-call” responsibilities of the department’s emergency phone when scheduled.
Bring your passion and expertise
• 1+ year experience in relevant food industry support role (e.g. catering, restaurant kitchen support, etc.)
• Certified Food Protection Manager
• Prior experience managing budget
• Maintains a calm demeanor in a dynamic kitchen/warehouse environment
• Able to adapt to an ever-changing environment, task list, and level of responsibility
• Recognizes patterns and big-picture expenditure of food and beverage
• Conveys confident leadership and able to recognize wants vs needs
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to job search