Principal Product Manager - Marketing Technology
Posted Date: Jun-10-2021
Job ID: 20239
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: eCommerce / Online
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
REI is a different kind of company. As a co-op, we put purpose before profits and act in the long-term interests of our members. We believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived, and as a member of the Product team, you'll contribute to REI’s mission to connect every person to the power of the outdoors and engage them in the fight to protect it. Our product managers help drive our product vision and build experiences that are inspiring, inclusive, human, purposeful & trustworthy.
The Customer Platform team is looking for a Principal Product Manager, Lead. In this role, you will be driving the product vision, roadmap, and discovery for a complete and influential product, spanning multiple customer touchpoints and customer segments. You'll be working with enterprise and domain architects, UX/CX leaders, and other directors, executives and stakeholders across the Co-op. You'll be expected to own the product vision, and clearly develop and articulate a strategy and a roadmap to team members and stakeholders. You'll join a fast-paced, growing, and passionate community where you'll be empowered to define best practices, discover and deliver impactful solutions to our customers, and drive the mission of the Co-op.
The Principle Product Manager of Customer & Marketing Technology is responsible for developing the customer data ecosystem and marketing technology stack to enable personalized, seamless and engaging customer experiences across all touchpoints and offerings. This role will transform our customer capabilities, onboard a platform for enterprise customer data aggregation, utilization and access, and evolve our capability to identify, study and target our customers at all points within the customer experience from first engagement to loyal members.
Key responsibilities include:
• Determines the product vision and clearly translates the vision into clear requirements for the near term and long term roadmap.
• Responsible for a complex platform with a broad set of capabilities, services, and integrations. Expected to anticipate and deliver new functionality that meet the needs for a diverse set of clients.
• Leader in demonstrating and designing with Systems Thinking
• Understands and builds out data value streams; identifying and resolving data quality concerns • Holistically builds solutions that can meet the needs of multiple lines of
• business, taking into consideration the operationalization of new capabilities and solutions
• Leads a team (or potentially multiple teams) to solve ambiguous and complex problems.
• Develops qualitative and quantitative data insights from customer research, data analysis and business analytics to help drive solutions.
• Consistently advocates effectively for the customer's point of view during product ideation. Will be recognized as the team's expert on the user and their needs.
• Collaborates fluently with design and engineering to implement experiments. Recognizes dependencies, removes barriers, ensure smooth product delivery and proactively communicates risks to stakeholders.
• Effectively communicates and aligns with multiple product teams, stakeholders and executives to drive towards common goals.
• Actively utilizes and helps improve product practices for the Co-op. A recognized expert and respected product management practitioner.
• Manages multiple product team roadmaps to build cohesive developer ecosystems, platforms and tools
Bring your passion and expertise
• 7+ years experience managing technical platforms
• Experience working collaboratively with engineers, data analysts, solution & domain architects
• Technical fluency; Deep understanding of technical infrastructure for client products and helps inform future capabilities to support needed functionality communicate platform benefits for service design choices, able to identify & evaluate opportunities for platform optimization and modernization
• Strong understanding of complex technical designs, and the tradeoffs between various technical design decisions.
• Proven ability to leverage data and insights to make informed product decisions including prioritization. Demonstrated ability to identify sources of information that would expand current data infrastructure.
• Able to self-serve data needs using the current infrastructure and seek additional data resources.
• BA/BS in computer science, engineering, related disciplines or equivalent practical experience
• High attention to detail
• History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
• This role models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to job search