Senior UX Designer – Membership
Posted Date: Jul-27-2021
Job ID: 20751
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: eCommerce / Online
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
Our membership team is looking for a Senior UX Designer. In this role, you will lead a wide range of design activities relating to membership retention, and you'll create experiences that are valuable for people, easy to use, and of the highest level of craft and execution. Often working with non-designers, you are educating and advocating for the practice of human-centered design, customer centricity, and product led strategies. You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills in this role. You'll also have a voice in defining where your team will have most impact. We approached design holistically, strategically, and systematically, and we need an integrator who keeps information flowing up, down, and across the organization.
• Lead the UX design efforts for one or more critical products
• Communicate the user experience at various stages of the design process by developing wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups, and/or high-fidelity prototypes.
• Maintain and contribute to REI's brand and design systems
• Advocate for the prioritization of design centered changes, refinements, and improvements and present concepts, proposals, and updates to executive stakeholders.
• Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders to understand requirements, and provide creative, thoughtful solutions and build concise user-centric visions and journeys.
• Apply a data-driven approach to define experience which integrate user feedback and business requirements.
• Foster REI’s culture, values and principles while setting new standards in executional and operational excellence.
Bring your passion and expertise
• 6+ years experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, information architect, service designer or similar.
• Proficient at building and shipping features/products that encompass an end-to-end experience across a variety of platforms.
• Experience leading product direction and strategic thinking.
• Deep understanding of design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe CX, etc.
• Adept at utilizing design systems, best practices, accessibility guidelines, and human-centered design methodologies.
• Experience working collaboratively with UX, product managers and engineers.
• Ability to communicate complex interaction concepts clearly and persuasively to different audiences.
• Strong organization, attention to details and time-management skills
• A portfolio demonstrating excellent UX design skills for solving complex problems with clear results.
• Bachelor’s degree in Design, HCI, Interaction or similar area, or equivalent practical experience.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations when designing for platforms.
• Ability to plan and conduct user research and data to build a strategic point of view.
• Experience in creating strategy and designing products, with a track record of key contributions to innovative and successful products or platforms. REI Essentials
• Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
• Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
• Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
• Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
• Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
• Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
• Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
• Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
• Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
• Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
• Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to job search