Solutions Architect - Merchandising
Posted Date: Jul-27-2021
Job ID: 20780
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: Yes
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
At REI our core mission is to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure and stewardship. If you love the outdoors and contributing to a solid, forward-leaning team, then this is your role! Come join IT Merchandising and Co-op Brands!
We are looking for a Solutions Architect who can help create and support the next generation Merchandising systems. This role is key in the creation and support of the systems used to plan and allocate products to our stores. Key functions include assortment planning and allocation. We are looking for a person who has solid experience working in the merchandising domain.
This space has a range of architectures from full on-prem, to IaaS, PaaS and SaaS. This is a continually evolving space that needs a strong architect who can understand both the short-term and long-term (big picture) needs. Join the team and help drive this space forward!
Bring your passion and expertise
• have 5+ years’ systems architecture experience with large-scale, mission-critical databases and applications.
• have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field OR equivalent training with experience
• have the desire to build cool stuff
• a forward-leaning change agent with the desire to improve both tech and processes
• an out-of-the-box thinker with the ability to help drive innovation
• a team player who works hard and knows how to have fun
• a quick study and willing to learn new technologies and systems
• great collaborator who brings ideas, can respectfully challenge others, and always has the customer in mind
• Preferred qualifications:
• experience in Merchandising
• experience using Dassault
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to job search