Manager, Membership Innovation
Posted Date: Jul-26-2021
Job ID: 20497
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
The Manager, Membership Innovation is a strategic thinker with a customer-centric, innovative mindset who can translate data and insights, trends, and gaps into transformational business opportunities for Membership at REI while leading a cross-divisional team to bring them to life.
Our team’s mission is to build offering that enable our members to make the most of their time outside. You will drive the growth strategy for new concept development for REI’s membership ecosystem and will be responsible for innovation from concept development to commercialization.
• Build a deep empathy through research and iterative design to identify customer needs and surface new offering opportunities.
• Co-lead the offering develop concept through increasing fidelity prototypes
• Develop and manage a portfolio of strategic initiatives to deepen member engagement toward commercialization
• Partner closely with customer insights, product and engineering, line of businesses and brand marketing to ensure milestones are met
• Drive business results by ensuring financial viability of new offerings
• Build and lead a high performing team of 3-5 product managers
Bring your passion and expertise
• Progressive experience in product innovation, brand management, marketing, retail, or strategy consulting (5-7 years).
• Bachelors’ degree in business, marketing or strategy commensurate additional years of related experience
• 3+ years direct people management experience?
• Demonstrated ability to think creatively and work successfully in an ambiguous environment
• Highly collaborative and has an affinity for building relationships across teams
• Demonstrated ability to think creatively and work successfully in an ambiguous environment with a bias for action
• MBA preferred
• Design thinking or human centered design experience highly preferred
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to job search