Sr. Systems Engineer - Data Integrations
Posted Date: Jul-14-2021
Job ID: 20555
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
The Sr. System Engineer - Data Integrations (Middleware) contributes to REI’s success by designing and maintaining data integration platforms for the Enterprise. As our landscape broadens to include more SaaS Platforms and more interdependent business systems, integrating and sharing data between these platforms becomes critically important. The Data Integration team provide tools and capabilities to enable development teams access to real time streaming business data and accelerate development velocity.
Duties include analyzing requirements for solving highly complex business problems and coordinating detailed plans for implementation. Installs, tests, implements, and supports highly complex IT infrastructure systems. Diagnoses and resolves highly complex issues regarding system configurations, including hardware and software installations, setups, researching error messages and implementing fixes.
• Server and Operating System engineering for Linux and Windows
• Integration engineering for Kafka, Kubernetes, Cloud services (AWS, Azure), J2EE Application Servers, Websphere, Tomcat and IBM Integration Bus.
• Tools: Ansible, Puppet, Git, Jenkins, Pulumi, and Splunk
• Collaborate with architects and software engineers to create and define reusable data integration patterns.
• Create and manage reusable software infrastructure.
• Develop data integration that meets best practices.
Bring your passion and expertise
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or equivalent training and experience preferred.
• 5+ years Information Technology experience in data integration engineering
• Advanced experience in automation and managing infrastructure as code
• Advanced knowledge of appropriate solutions and processes for monitoring, tuning, backup/recovery of systems
• Software lifecycle management.
• Knowledge of local area network (LAN) infrastructure components and ability to troubleshoot and collaborate with staff and vendors to resolve problems
• Ability to participate in on-call rotation for 24x7 service requirement
• Ability to work on multiple assignments simultaneously
• Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals
• Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to job search