Senior Product Manager, Membership Platform Evolution
Posted Date: Jul-29-2021
Job ID: 20908
Job Type: Full Time
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
Want to help create the future of REI?? Join us in building a key enabling technology stack: Customer Platforms. Help us develop the capabilities needed for our members to feel KNOWN, EMPOWERED and ENGAGED across REI – wherever they choose to connect: website, mobile apps, in a store, on a mountain – sky is the limit! As a Senior Product Manager on the Customer Platform team, you will be entrusted with the Co-op’s vision, partnered with a broad range of passionate stakeholders and empowered to truly innovate on behalf of our members and our internal “customers”. At the end of the day, you’ll know your work is contributing to getting more people outside on their terms AND building a powerful community that’s mobilizing for social and environmental change.
Bring your passion and expertise
• Proven track record in a technical product management role
• 5+ years experience managing technical platforms
• Experience working collaboratively with engineers, data analysts, solution & domain architects
• Experience designing and executing product discovery and product optimization for internal tools and users
• Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing technology concepts, schedule trade-offs and new opportunities with technical team members.
• Capable of interpreting technical documents, including whitepapers and architectural diagrams, data mapping
• Fluency with API & microservice architecture design principles, able to clearly communicate platform benefits for service design choices, able to identify & evaluate opportunities for platform optimization
• Proven track record of delivering impactful products / services to a broad customer base in an agile environment.
• Proven ability to leverage data and insights to make informed product decisions including prioritization.
• Able to self-serve most data needs using the current infrastructure?
• BA/BS in computer science, engineering, related disciplines or equivalent practical experience
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to job search