Sr. QA Analyst
Posted Date: Jul-30-2021
Job ID: 20791
Job Function: Information Technology
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: Yes
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by building and maintaining manual and automated test assets for simple to complex features and applications. Works collaboratively within the IT department and business units to identify manual and automation test needs and supports overall QA testing strategy. As a major contributor to REI’s success, the Sr. QA drives frequent test feedback cycles, recommends testing technology and tools for future, interfaces with all disciplines within software development life cycle to build and maintain sustainable test suite (manual and automated) to support rapid release.
• Review, identify gap in requirements/acceptance criterion to ensure testability.
• Develop Test Strategy, Plan, and Estimates for test activities for assigned project(s).
• Design, develop, and maintain knowledge base, traceability matrix
• Design, develop, execute, and maintain manual and automated tests based on optimal Test Design principles to achieve test efficiency, and effectiveness for all application stacks, develop test priority matrix.
• Contributes to metric/status reports (test execution, defect, test summary, requirement traceability matrix etc.) based on defined standards.
• Identify, communicate, and escalate risks, mitigation and/or contingency plan in timely manner.
• Adhere defect management process, report, verify, close defects, participate in triage.
• Plan and coordinate QA activities for integration, end to end test process
Bring your passion and expertise
2 years’ experience writing SQL queries against one of more of the following: MS SQL, T-SQL, MySQL
Experience with Agile, Waterfall practices
Experience with JIRA, Confluence
Experience in SAP MM/IM (Material Management/Inventory Management):
• Procurement Process/Purchasing
• Master Data (Article, Vendor, Site, Purchase Info Record, Pricing)
• Return to vendors/Return to DC
• Inventory Management/Physical Inventory
• Invoice Verification
• Replenishment ?
Experience in SAP Retail specific:
• Master Data - Assortment
Experience General Warehouse Management functionality:
• Receiving and processing purchase orders
• Waving Retail distributions and customer orders to generate picking tasks
• Picking, packing, and shipping Retail distributions and customer orders
• Adjusting inventory in Active and Reserve locations to meet test pre-conditions
• Experience using AS400 for QA testing
• An understanding of the message flow for material handling equipment at a distribution center An understanding of the various inventory need types used for picking product Experience using SAP to generate purchase orders, events, pre-allocations, etc. for testing
• Experience using Sterling OMS to manipulate inventory and to generate DTC (direct-to-customer) and RSPU (retail store pick-up) orders for testing
• Experience using SQL to query information in AS400
• SAP Process Integration (PI)
• Amazon AWS services
• SAP Business Warehousing (BW)
• Experience with design, development, and maintenance of automated tests, robust test frameworks, libraries, utilities for simple to complex systemsExperience with design, development of stubs, tools to enhance manual test execution, data conditioning scripts, and service virtualizations.
• Coding experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, VB, Java or other object-oriented programming language
• Experience with automated tools, e.g. Selenium
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to job search