Senior Product Manager, Customer Data Platform
Posted Date: Jul-30-2021
Job ID: 20913
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: eCommerce / Online
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
Want to help create the future of REI?? Join us in building a key enabling technology stack: Customer Platforms. Help us develop the capabilities needed for our members to feel KNOWN, EMPOWERED and ENGAGED across REI – wherever they choose to connect: website, mobile apps, in a store, on a mountain – sky is the limit! As a Senior Product Manager on the Customer Platform team, you will be entrusted with the Co-op’s vision, partnered with a broad range of passionate stakeholders and empowered to truly innovate on behalf of our members and our internal “customers”. At the end of the day, you’ll know your work is contributing to getting more people outside on their terms AND building a powerful community that’s mobilizing for social and environmental change.
The Customer Platform team is looking for a Senior Product Manager, CDP (Customer Data Platform). In this role, you will be driving the product vision, roadmap, and discovery for a complete and influential product, spanning multiple customer touchpoints and customer segments. You'll be working with enterprise and domain architects, UX/CX leaders, and leaders and stakeholders across the Co-op. You'll be expected to own the product vision, and clearly develop and articulate a strategy and a roadmap to team members and stakeholders. You'll join a fast-paced, growing, and passionate community where you'll be empowered to define best practices, discover and deliver impactful solutions to our customers, and drive the mission of the Co-op.
The Senior Product Manager, CDP (Customer Data Platform) is responsible for developing the customer data ecosystem to enable insights and strategy development across our internal partners so that they, in turn, may enable personalized, seamless and engaging customer experiences across all touchpoints and offerings. This role will transform our customer capabilities, onboard a platform for enterprise customer data aggregation, utilization and access, and evolve our capability to identify, study and serve our customers (individuals & segments) at all points within the customer experience from first engagement to loyal members.
Your Planning & Navigating Requirements (the plans the job is responsible for creating and executing, and how the job ensures they are implemented
• Contributes to the product vision and clearly translates the vision into clear requirements for the roadmap.
• Responsible for the platform with a broad understanding of entire customer/stakeholder base. Expected to anticipate and deliver capabilities and services that enable the features and experiences of clients.
• Effectively employs the tools and skills of Systems Thinking
• Understands and builds out data value streams; identifying and resolving data quality concerns
• Holistically builds solutions that can meet the needs of multiple lines of business, taking into consideration the operationalization of new capabilities and solutions
• Leads a product team to solve broad, complex customer problems.
• Develops qualitative and quantitative data insights from customer research, data analysis and business analytics to help drive solutions.
• Consistently advocates effectively for the customer's point of view during product ideation.
• Collaborates fluently with design and engineering to implement experiments. Recognizes dependencies, removes barriers and ensures smooth product delivery.
• Track the results of our experiments, using data to draw accurate conclusions and leverage those learnings to craft new tests.
• Effectively communicates and aligns with multiple product teams and stakeholders to drive towards common goals.
• Actively utilizes and helps improve product practices for the Co-op. Is a recognized expert in some aspect of product management.
• Work with a cross functional product team to deliver solutions that create positive outcomes for our customers and business.
Bring your passion and expertise
• 5+ years experience managing technical platforms
• Experience working collaboratively with engineers, data analysts, solution & domain architects
• Experience designing and executing product discovery and product optimization for internal tools and users
• Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing technology concepts, schedule trade-offs and new opportunities with technical team members.
• Capable of interpreting technical documents, including whitepapers and architectural diagrams, data mapping
• Fluency with API & microservice architecture design principles, able to clearly communicate platform benefits for service design choices, able to identify & evaluate opportunities for platform optimization
• Proven track record of delivering impactful products / services to a broad customer base in an agile environment.
• Proven ability to leverage data and insights to make informed product decisions including prioritization. Able to self-serve most data needs using the current infrastructure
• BA/BS in computer science, engineering, related disciplines or equivalent practical experience
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to job search