Experiences Administrative Coordinator - Bay Area
Posted Date: Aug-27-2021
Job ID: 21352
Job Function: Outdoor Education
Store: Bay North Gearbank
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by supporting local operations for Co-op Experiences to ensure team members can deliver a 5-star customer experience. The Office Lead is responsible for assisting Regional Experiences management in daily and long range clerical and administrative duties related to: customer service, benefits, facilities, human resources, Systems, purchasing, records, safety, payroll, and employee communications. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
• Respond in a timely and appropriate manner to email and phone customer inquiries
• Maintain a thorough understanding of regional day and multiday program products and services
• Assist in scheduling guides and operations for upcoming programs
• Create paperwork for programs
• Collect, process and file completed program paperwork
• Support management with accounting responsibilities.
o Reconciles Multicards, and other expense systems.
o Helps review General Ledger expenses for accuracy.
· Assist in Hiring Process
o Maintains interview log and corresponding paperwork.
o Initiate Background Checks as requested.
o Processes or files new hire paperwork.
o Sets up and maintains employee files.
· Assist in Schedule Management
o Oversees entry of timekeeping records and payroll.
o Assist Management team in monitoring/tracking punctuality issues and absences.
· Create and maintain files to support efficient market operations.
· Monitor and order supplies within assigned budget.
· Support internal communications for Regional Experiences team.
· Support regional sales and marketing initiatives and team.
· Other support duties as assigned.
Bring your passion and expertise
• Successful work experience in an office environment.
• Ability to work flexible hours (some evenings and weekends)
• Proven ability to show attention to detail
• Experience with MS 365 Suite (Teams, Outlook, Word, etc.) and Smartsheets
• Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
• Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
• Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
• Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
• Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
• Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
• Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
• Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
• Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
• Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
• Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to job search