Lead Functional Analyst
Posted Date: Aug-26-2021
Job ID: 21178
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: Yes
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by identifying solutions to business requirements and leveraging deep configuration/functional skills to implement for assigned business clients. Responsible for understanding business requirements, designing functional development documentation, configuring technical applications/solutions, ensuring thorough unit/integration testing per defined requirements and designs, and meeting customer expectations through product delivery. Responsible for partnering with Solution Architects, Engineering, and Quality Assurance Engineers to develop and implement new solutions that will help optimize REI’s processes resulting in efficiencies and cost savings. Responsible for providing direction and support to ensure process area team members are aligned to production support work efforts that deliver the highest business value and/or reduce IT support burden. Collaborates with other IT groups that develop software in support of projects, enhancements, and production support activities. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
The Lead Functional Analyst is accountable for delivery of all functional analysis and design activities within their area of responsibility. The Lead Functional Analyst provides leadership to ensure process changes follow change management policies and procedures, per the requirements or objectives defined by their supporting initiative(s). This role identifies and provides recommendations for and champions process improvements; then ensures improvements are implemented and monitored to increase efficiency across the impacted lines of business(es). Acts as a mentor and source for direction, training, and guidance for more junior departmental staff.
The Lead Functional Analyst provides direction to staff (FTE and contingent labor), establishes work priorities, and evaluates proposed solutions to ensure the work contributes to the achievement of the division’s business objectives for area of responsibility or assigned initiative(s). You will contribute to and help define and enforce departmental standards and policies for this role. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
• Contributes to the creation and maintenance of staffing plans.
• Provides management with accurate, timely and relevant information about the status of projects, personnel and activities within the team.
• Ensures team commitments are tracked, managed, and meet or exceed expectations, while maintaining a high quality of service.
• Works with Senior Manager, Enterprise Systems, and staff to identify, plan and carry out training opportunities to improve overall team competency.
• Contributes to departmental strategic planning, applying a current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems which significantly impact the effective execution of business processes.
• Guides the team to ensure low-cost operation and effective utilization of staff and equipment.
• Partners with both IT and Business management to inform strategic plans or areas of opportunities to support future technical growth across the Co-op.
• Assists REI Business Analyst(s) with business objective and requirement, including functional requirement(s), elicitation for key strategic initiatives within assigned initiatives or areas of responsibility.
• Analyzes, assesses, and recommends improvements in programs and practices to ensure compliance with regulatory and internal controls.
• Identifies and actions on ways to strengthen the business partner relationship for assigned initiatives or area(s) of responsibility.
• Implements solutions through technical configuration/customization for the most complex requests or projects; validates that the system configuration is correct and meets business needs per defined business and functional requirements, or user stories.
• Provides thought leadership and vision to understand design gaps and develop transition plans for the most complex requests and projects.
• Provides thought leadership and vision while assisting Solution Architects, Business Analysts and Engineering in identifying current and future system needs for the most complex strategic priorities in REI’s platform roadmap.
• Produces accurate and detailed development documentation (design documents, specifications, Knowledge Base articles for production support, etc.).
• Partners with business stakeholders and Quality Assurance Engineers to validate technical testing of newly developed technical features.
• Assists in the execution of user acceptance testing across newly delivered features for assigned initiative(s) or area(s) of responsibility.
• Ensures accuracy, consistency, and effectiveness of processes in the system they support.
• Corrects and/or assists system configuration defects for the most complex problems, using the IT incident and problem management processes.
• Participates in promotion of new or changed configurations using IT change management processes.
• Leads the creation of system usage documentation and training materials for newly created functionality and projects prior to the transition into production support or a managed service.
• Acts as core subject-matter expert for all functional and technical services across assigned initiative(s) or area(s) of responsibility.
• Acts as a source for direction, training, and guidance for more junior Functional or Business Analysts within the divisional team.
• Actively seeks to be mentored to expand vision, experience, learning, and ability to influence business and technology partners within the Co-op.
Leading the Way
• Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the organization promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
• Supports the implementation of company programs, procedures, methods and practices to promote REI key messages.
• Challenges and inspires staff in are of responsibility to achieve business results.
• Ensures staff adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements for area of responsibility.
• Provide manager with input on training and development of employees and input on effective staffing decisions for area of responsibility.
• Provides input for performance reviews of staff for area of responsibility.
• Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to employees in order to achieve department, company and customer results.
• Establishes and maintains visibility within the department.
• Leads and/or consults in the application of the Analysis and Design Methodology for development on all REI products and solutions for area of responsibility.
• Communicates with team rega