Assistant Designer, Apparel
Posted Date: Aug-23-2021
Job ID: 20994
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Product Design/Development
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
The Assistant Designer is responsible for assisting the Design Manager and Design and Development team with the implementation of fully concepted lines for projects assigned. This includes assisting with concept and design of the product line, development of the line presentation including layout of boards, sketches and colorations. The Assistant Designer will follow up on testing details and communications on line development with Sourcing, Developers, QA and others, as appropriate. They will attend and participate in Kick Off and Brand Alignment meetings and prepare materials as needed. The Assistant Designer also assists in the adherence to the Brand Alignment schedules for the projects assigned and ensures completion in a timely manner. They will obtain appropriate information from Design Managers and Design and Development Team staff to determine the direction of fabric, color and trends.
Bring your passion and expertise
• College degree in Fashion Design or related field or experience
• 1-3 years experience working in a Design and Development business
• Ability to build and present product line presentations
• Self motivated; able to handle duties independently
• Strong time management skills
• Ability to move quickly between strategic and detail levels
• Strong organization skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with others
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to job search