Group Product Manager, Customer Platforms
Posted Date: Aug-23-2021
Job ID: 20914
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: eCommerce / Online
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
Want to help create the future of REI? Join us in building a key enabling technology stack: Customer Platforms. Help us develop the capabilities needed for our members to feel KNOWN, EMPOWERED and ENGAGED across REI – wherever they choose to connect: website, mobile apps, in a store, on a mountain – the sky is the limit! As a Group Product Manager on the Customer Platforms team, you will be entrusted with the Co-op’s vision, partnered with a broad range of passionate stakeholders and empowered to truly innovate on behalf of our members and our internal customers. At the end of the day, you’ll know your work is contributing to getting more people outside on their terms and building a powerful community that’s mobilizing for social and environmental change.
The Customer Platforms team is looking for a Group Product Manager. In this role, you will be driving the product vision, roadmap, and discovery for multiple products, spanning multiple customer touchpoints and customer segments. You will also help manage multiple product managers that work within your product area. You'll be working with enterprise and domain architects, UX/CX leaders, and other directors, executives and stakeholders across the Co-op. You'll be expected to own the product and the vision, and clearly develop and articulate a strategy for your team members. You will own the overarching vision for a suite of products and align with stakeholders on that vision. You'll join a fast-paced, growing, and passionate community where you'll be empowered to define best practices, mentor, coach and manage a team of product managers who discover and deliver impactful solutions to our customers, and drive the mission of the Co-op.
The Group Product Manager, Customer Platforms, is responsible for developing the customer data ecosystem to enable insights and strategy development across our internal partners so that they can enable personalized, seamless and engaging customer experiences across all touchpoints and offerings. This role will help transform our customer capabilities and evolve our capability to identify, study and serve our customers (individuals & segments) at all points within the customer experience from first engagement to loyal members.
• Determines the product vision and clearly translates the vision into clear requirements for the near- and long-term roadmap.
• Responsible for a complex platform with a broad set of capabilities, services, and integrations. Anticipate, plan and deliver new functionality that meet the needs for a diverse set of customers and stakeholders.
• Effectively leads, communicates and influences multiple product teams, stakeholders and executives to achieve shared goals and objectives.
• Identify and evangelize cross divisional product opportunities.
• Actively utilizes and helps improve product practices for the Co-op. A recognized expert, respected product management practitioner, and leader in the product organization.
• Prioritizes teams’ efforts based on broader organizational objectives.
• Manages multiple product team roadmaps to build cohesive developer ecosystems, platforms and tools.
• Guides and mentors others in Systems Thinking.
• Establishes best practices for data quality; guides creation and operationalization of data value streams.
• Leads multiple teams to solve ambiguous and complex customer and business problems.
• Drives the research and solutions of various broad problem spaces and able to influence roadmaps across multiple teams.
• Establishes best practices, removes barriers and ensures testing consistency to help determine learning agendas across various product areas.
• Collaborates fluently with design and engineering to oversee experiments. Recognizes dependencies, removes barriers and ensures smooth product delivery.
Bring your passion and expertise
• 10+ years experience managing consumer digital products
• 2+ years experience managing multiple product managers
• Experience working collaboratively with architects/engineers, data analysts, and UX designers
• Technical fluency and ability to clearly communicate user and business benefits for various technologies; comfort communicating technology concepts, trade-offs and new opportunities with team members
• Proven track record of delivering impactful products to a broad customer base in an agile environment
• Proven ability to use a range of discovery tools. Demonstrated ability to identify sources of information that would expand current data infrastructure
• Fluency with API & microservice architecture design principles, able to clearly communicate platform benefits for service design choices, able to identify and evaluate opportunities for platform optimization
• Proven track record of delivering impactful products / services end-to-end to a broad customer base in an agile environment
• Proven ability to leverage data and insights to make informed product decisions including prioritization
• Able to self-serve most data needs using the current infrastructure?
• BA/BS in computer science, engineering, related disciplines or equivalent practical experience
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to job search