Program Manager, Product Marketing
Posted Date: Aug-19-2021
Job ID: 21003
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: Yes
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
This position contributes to REI’s success by leading the first & most frequent connection of the Co-op with our customers, Product Marketing. The Product Marketing Program Manager leads the development and execution of REI’s Product Marketing strategies through collaboration with Merchandising, Marketing, Co-op Brands, Cross divisional teams, and external Vendor partners. This work is new for the Co-op and requires a confident leader who will manage the creation of annual marketing plans for vendor partnerships, member exclusives, and Co-op Brands, all with a keen focus on the customer and driving results. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.• Develop and champion the Product Marketing initiatives to support our priority activities at the Co-op.
• Build Annual Marketing plans for our Vendor Partnerships within Priority Activities, Co-op Brands, and Member Exclusive Products with both 1- & 3-year marketing objectives (KPIs) and strategy (includes deep competitive and customer expertise).
• Build an annual view of all customer facing activity through the lenses of Vendor Partnerships within Priority Activities, Co-op Brands, and Member Exclusive Products.
• Collaborate on annual Activity Marketing strategies, driving vendor prioritization when appropriate.
• Inform marketing briefs for always on tactics with channels & programs.
• Serves as SME for creative activation to deliver against strategies.
• Manage Vendor and REI marketing relationships for top tier vendors through the creation of an annual marketing plan that will support their growth at the Co-op. Partner with top tier vendors and the Co-op’s Strategic Partnerships team to find ways to differentiate the Co-op through leveraging their assets and resources and finding ways to create the best customer activity experiences.
Bring your passion and expertise
• 5+ years’ experience in marketing communications or relevant field is required. Bachelors’ degree in marketing or relevant field.
• 5+ years experience in developing marketing plans and strategies in collaboration with cross-divisional partner teams.
• 5+ years experience working with content and creative teams including design, photo/video and copywriting functions.
• 5+ years experience in managing external vendors, partners, and relationships connecting to marketing programs.
• 3+ years in process management and working with technical teams on toolset/feature development.
• Demonstrated in-depth understanding of marketing and cross-divisional processes and relationship needs.
• 5+ years’ retail business experience preferred
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office business applications required.
• Ability to identify customer needs and draft strategies and plans that deliver on those needs.
• Ability to assess important market requirements and opportunities and identify competitive opportunities.
• Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
• Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions to support the direction taken by others at REI.
• Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
• Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
• Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
• Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
• Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
• Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
• Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
• Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
• Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to job search