Senior IT Project Manager, Supply Chain
Posted Date: Aug-19-2021
Job ID: 21048
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: Yes
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
REI is seeking a Senior Project Manager for our IT Supply Chain Systems team. The ideal candidate will contribute to REI’s success by managing all aspects of medium to large scale, cross-divisional, multi-year projects, so that they are completed on time, within scope and within budget. The individual in this role is accountable for ensuring all project phases are completed, as well as communicating to key stakeholders the progress and performance against a project plan. They can resolve operational problems through collaboration with the project team to minimize delays. In addition, they can work independently, and serve as a resource and mentor for colleagues with less experience, while modeling and acting in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
· Initiates, plans, controls and closes medium to large cross-divisional, multi-year projects utilizing REI’s project management methodology.
· Acts as a liaison between IT teams and supply chain operations, to define requirements for new and revised systems from development to production release.
· Manages project financial plans ranging in budget from $50,000 to $5,000,000.
· Ensures project schedule alignment between key cross-divisional operational tasks and IT system integration, and that the schedule is delivered against the desired business timeframe
· Coordinates with IT infrastructure, solution architects, and systems engineers on system integration, performance, security, and QA testing of supply chain systems.
· Advocates and evolves REI’s project management methodology.
· Plans the project in detail, develops project budget, organizes the project team and works with resource managers to acquire and schedule resources.
· Manages the progress of the project and communicates the project status to management and stakeholders on a regular basis.
· Ensures that overall project deliverables are completed, including project charter, project plan, project schedule, requirements, design, development, testing, implementation, policies and procedures, new standards, contracts, risks and issues lists.
· Ensures project quality and success through management of project action items, including managing risks and issues, the decision process, initiating change requests, meeting schedule milestones, resource management, and financial planning and control.
· Identifies, evaluates and manages cross-project interdependencies.
· Provides thought leadership to cross divisional partners regarding project direction and planning.
· Leads change management for responsible areas
· Serve as a resource and mentor to peers and other project managers; continue to educate best practice of project management methodologies to peers, co-workers, and leaders.
· Participation in strategic roadmap planning for business area.
· May facilitate and provide materials for portfolio review meetings.
Bring your passion and expertise
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration or related field, or equivalent training and experience.
5+ years’ experience as a project manager concurrently managing multiple small to large cross-divisional and multi-year projects with both a business and a technology focus.
Certification as Project Management Professional (PMP), Certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI), or Scrum Master Certification preferred
Advanced knowledge of a structured project management methodology
Advanced knowledge of information technology systems and implementation processes
Extensive experience with warehouse/distribution operations and supply chain business processes
Experience working with a warehouse management system (WMS), preferably Manhattan Associates WM for IBM System i, WMOS, or Manhattan Active WM
Experience working with IBM System i (a.k.a., iSeries, AS/400) platform
Builds effective partnerships with the project sponsor and stakeholders.
Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
Effectively works in a remote or mobile environment, where team members and business partners are collaborating remotely
Communicates and reinforces project roles and responsibilities.
Ability to frame up and structure project scope and objectives when dealing with ambiguity and competing requirements.
Ability to manage conflicting priorities and multiple assignments
Ability to make sound decisions when faced with ambiguity and uncertainty.
Ability to manage conflicting priorities and multiple assignments.
Demonstrates advanced problem-solving skills: ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
Advanced verbal and written communication skills, as well as organizational and time management skills
Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions to support the direction taken by others at REI
Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well to produce quality work
Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals
Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals
Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to job search