Product Manager, Digital Asset Systems
Posted Date: Aug-17-2021
Job ID: 21130
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: eCommerce / Online
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: Yes
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
REI is a different kind of company. As a co-op, we put purpose before profits and act in the long-term interests of our members. We believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived, and as a member of the Platform Product team you'll contribute to REI’s mission to connect every person to the power of the outdoors and engage them in the fight to protect it.
Our product managers help drive our product vision and build experiences that are inspiring, inclusive, human, purposeful & trustworthy.
The Digital Assets Systems team is looking for a Product Manager. In this role, you will drive the product vision, roadmap, and discovery for a core platform supporting the customer's journey. The Digital Assets Platform is a key enabler of customer experiences across the digital ecosystem that deliver inspiration and expertise to customers in order to help them get outside. This role will work closely with business stakeholders and content creators to ensure systems and tools are optimized to support efficient creation, management, and distribution of digital assets.
You'll be working with the solution architects, technical teams, UX/CX partners, researchers, writers, analysts and various stakeholders across the Co-op.
You'll be expected to own the product vision, informed by business user and customer needs, and clearly articulate the roadmap to team members and stakeholders.
You'll join a fast-paced, growing, and passionate community where you'll be empowered to discover and deliver impactful solutions to our employees and customers, and drive the mission of the Co-op.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Defines the product vision and clearly translates the vision into features and capabilities for the roadmap.
• Responsible for the systems and tools used to support digital asset acquisition and management within the platform ecosystem. Expected to deliver impactful data and services for a well-understood user base.
• Responsible for building and operationalizing holistic solutions that meet the needs for multiple lines of businesses
• Uses tools to conduct discovery with their product team and stakeholders, such as user surveys, data analytics, cohort analyses and journey mapping.
• Utilizes various data analytic tools to gain deep insights about cohorts and usage behaviors, using data to draw appropriate conclusions
• Proactively assists product team in recognizing dependencies, removing barriers, and ensuring smooth product delivery
• Anticipate and build out data and systems that support expanded capabilities.
• Clearly ties prioritization methods to strategic objectives and broader Co-op goals.
• Effectively communicates and aligns with multiple product teams and stakeholders to drive towards common goals.
• Actively utilizes and helps improve product management practices for the Co-op.
• Work with a cross functional product team to deliver solutions that create positive outcomes for our customers and business.
• Lead your team through a process of discovering how to best solve for key opportunities. Encourage and incorporate the feedback of key stakeholders
• Work with designers and architects/engineers to translate customer needs into a design and technical plan.
Bring your passion and expertise
• 5 years’ experience managing technical platforms
• BA/BS in computer science, engineering, related disciplines, or equivalent practical experience
• Experience with digital asset systems and workflows.
• Experience working collaboratively with engineers, data analysts, solution & domain architects.
• Experience designing and executing product discovery and product optimization for internal tools and users.
• Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing technology concepts, schedule trade-offs and new opportunities with technical team members.
• Fluency with API design principles, able to clearly communicate platform benefits from API design choices.
• Familiarity with fundamental concepts of Systems Thinking.
• Understanding of data value streams, and ability to identify data quality concerns.
• Experience in building and operationalizing holistic solutions that meet the needs for multiple lines of businesses.
• Proven track record of delivering impactful products / services to a broad customer base in an agile environment.
• Proven ability to leverage data and insights to make informed product decisions.
• Experience with Grafana or similar analytics tools to derive insights and drive decisions.
• Strong understanding of product experimentation methods and experience with execution.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to job search