Merchandising Product Specialist, Apparel
Posted Date: Aug-13-2021
Job ID: 21041
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Merchandising
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by providing Merchandising’s product teams with data management, troubleshooting with vendors, cross-divisional teams and Distribution Centers. Supports multiple product team members, contributing to both seasonal and in-season business management, office organization, coordination, and communication by maintaining a smoothly run operation stressing a high level of communication, teamwork, organization, accuracy and productivity.
• Enters assortment information into Style Plan, submits Article Create and partners closely with MDS and vendor teams to ensure accuracy.
• Maintains SAP and style plan data integrity in-season and pre-season including PO Maintenance.
• Manages MAP break dates- article submission and internet auditing for offenders.
• Assists with promotional data integrity (SAP, Style Plan, flyer proofing).
• In-season troubleshooting with Distribution Centers and vendors focused on ticketing/pricing discrepancies.
• Blocked invoices.
• Assists with line review prep- runs vendor scorecards.
• Audit rei.com and help troubleshoot errors with cross-div teams (PI, CAT & Digital Merchandiser) and vendors.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bring your passion and expertise
• 1-2 years merchandising, retail or direct sales experience preferred.
• College degree preferred.
• PC proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, Explorer.
• Proven ability to process numerical data entry for extended periods of time with a high degree of accuracy.
• Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
• Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
• Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
• Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
• Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
• Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
• Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
• Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
• Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to job search