Merchandising Planning Assistant
Posted Date: Aug- 4-2021
Job ID: 20870
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Merchandising
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by supporting the clerical and data entry needs of the business as it relates to Planning Activities that are critical to maintaining the day in and day out efficiencies to keep projects and deliverables on task. Accountable for maintaining effective business relationships and communications with all levels of the Planning teams and various cross-functional colleagues. This role requires a high level of flexibility, with changing weekly priorities that support multiple planning teams within the shop/division. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
• Enters FC/quantify information into Style Plan
• Supports all PO Manage, Maintenance, Reporting and Tracking visibility and actions required by the business
• Updates weekly standard planning reporting
• Supports system planning requirements to add New Stores/remove closed stores to seasonal delivery cycles
• In-season troubleshooting with Distribution Centers & vendors, focused on shipping and ASN discrepancies
• Builds all RST requests and activates actions systemically
• Markdown entry support - execute markdown entry in partnership with FA
• Other planning support duties as assigned
Bring your passion and expertise
• 1-2 years merchandising, retail or direct sales experience preferred.
• College degree preferred.
• PC proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, Explorer.
• Proven ability to process numerical data entry for extended periods of time with a high degree of accuracy.
• Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
• Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
• Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
• Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
• Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
• Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to job search