Group Product Manager - Content and Site Experience Platforms
Posted Date: Jul-29-2021
Job ID: 20905
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: eCommerce / Online
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
REI is a different kind of company. As a co-op, we put purpose before profits and act in the long-term interests of our members. We believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived, and as a member of the Platform Product team, you'll contribute to REI’s mission to connect every person to the power of the outdoors and engage them in the fight to protect it.
Our product managers help drive our product vision and build experiences that are inspiring, inclusive, human, purposeful & trustworthy.
The Content and Site Experience Platforms team is looking for a Group Product Manager. In this role, you will drive the product vision, roadmap, and discovery for multiple products, spanning multiple customer touchpoints and customer segments. You will also manage multiple product managers that work within your product area. The Content and Site Experience Management platform space is a critical area of investment for the Co-op, as we seek to enable customer experiences across the digital ecosystem that deliver inspiration and expertise to customers in order to help them get outside. In addition to leading a team of talented product managers, you will also lead a product team to deliver on capabilities that will empower our digital merchandising and marketing teams to create rich, compelling experiences for customers.
You'll be working with enterprise and domain architects, UX/CX leaders, and other directors, executives and stakeholders across the Co-op.
You'll be expected to own the product vision, and clearly develop and articulate a strategy for your team members. You will own the overarching vision for a suite of products, align with stakeholders, and evangelize that vision to the organization.
You'll join a fast-paced, growing, and passionate community where you'll be empowered to define best practices, mentor, coach and manage a team of product managers who discover and deliver impactful solutions to our customers, and drive the mission of the Co-op.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Determines the product vision and clearly translates the vision into clear capabilities and features for the near term and long-term roadmap.
• Responsible for a complex platform with a broad set of capabilities, services, and integrations. Expected to anticipate and deliver new functionality that meet the needs for a diverse set of clients.
• Guides and mentors others in Systems Thinking.
• Establishes best practices for data quality; guides creation and operationalization of data value streams.
• Delivers holistic solutions that meet the needs of multiple lines of business.
• Leads multiple teams to solve ambiguous and complex customer and business problems.
• Drives the research and solutions of various broad problem spaces and able to influence roadmaps across multiple teams.
• Establishes best practices, removes barriers and ensures testing consistency to help determine learning agendas across various product areas.
• Ensures effective collaboration between product managers and design and engineering to oversee experiments. Recognizes dependencies, removes barriers and ensures smooth product delivery.
• Effectively leads, communicates, and aligns with multiple product teams, stakeholders and executives to drive towards common goals, and evangelizes the customer and business benefit of the work.
• Evangelizes product vision and roadmap to senior and executive leadership, driving strategic investment decisions
• Actively utilizes and helps improve product practices for the Co-op. A recognized expert, respected product management practitioner, and leader in the product organization.
• Identify and evangelize cross divisional product opportunities.
• Prioritizes teams’ efforts based on broader organizational objectives.
• Manages multiple product team roadmaps to build cohesive developer ecosystems, platforms, and tools.
Bring your passion and expertise
• 10+ years experience managing technical platforms
• 5+ years experience with content and asset management, site experience management or digital merchandising enablement solutions and platforms
• Experience working collaboratively with engineers, data analysts, solution & domain architects
• Technical fluency; Deep understanding of technical infrastructure for client products and helps inform future capabilities to support needed functionality
• Strong understanding of complex technical designs, and the tradeoffs between various technical design decisions.
• Proven ability to leverage data and insights to make informed product decisions including prioritization. Demonstrated ability to identify sources of information that would expand current data infrastructure.
• Able to self-serve data needs using the current infrastructure and seek additional data resources.
• BA/BS in computer science, engineering, related disciplines or equivalent practical experience
• Experienced people manager (5+ years)
• Experience working with omnichannel retailer / systems
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to job search