Site Operations Specialist, Tagging
Posted Date: Jul-27-2021
Job ID: 20662
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: eCommerce / Online
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
Want to help create the future of REI?? Join us in building a key enabling technology stack: Customer Platforms. Help us develop the capabilities needed for our members to feel KNOWN, EMPOWERED and ENGAGED across REI – wherever they choose to connect; website, mobile apps, in a store, on a mountain – sky is the limit! As a Site Operations Specialist, Tagging on the Customer Platform team, you will be entrusted with the Co-op’s vision, partnered with a broad range of passionate stakeholders and empowered to truly innovate on behalf of our members and our internal “customers”. At the end of the day, you’ll know your work is contributing to getting more people outside on their terms AND building a powerful community that’s mobilizing for social and environmental change.
Bring your passion and expertise
The Site Operations Specialist, Tagging focuses on digital tagging and contributes to REI's success by providing recommendations on analytics implementations and solving business problems, while working in an agile environment with a wide range of eCommerce stakeholders. The role works to improve the customer experience by enabling business stakeholders to better understand the needs and behaviors of site visitors through insights enablement. A successful PM relies on extensive collaboration with Business Leaders, Developers, and Analysts to act as a trusted advisor within the organization.
• 3+ years of digital data capture, tag management or analytics
• 2+?years project management & process improvement
• Experience with Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics and/or Tealium
• Knowledge of key data capture concepts
• Proven?problem-solving?skills from problem assessment to solution selection
• Ability to identify alternatives and make contingency plans?
• Experience with web-based analytical tools such as:?CoreMetrics, Omniture Site Catalyst, Business Objects or similar demand driven solution is a plus
• Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization
• Capacity to embrace change and quickly adapt to new situations, changes in direction and altering priorities?
• Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change
What you'll do:
• Works with business and product team stakeholders to translate business requirements into analytics tagging specifications for development.
• Provides consultations to business stakeholders regarding recommendations for analytics implementations, dashboarding, and QA processes.
• Manages eCommerce variables population logic and mappings to 3rd party analytics tools by actively publishing releases via REI's Tag Management System.
• Contributes to others analytics self service by maintaining REI's Solution Design Reference, library of specifications, and data governance processes.
• Host training sessions to help business stakeholders, developers, and analysts become more fluent with tagging process, subsequent data creation, and best practices.
• Builds automated tests for technical specifications to ensure insights trust.
• Constantly self-educates and learns while in a complex and dynamic environment.
• Supports user adoption of analytics to enable data-driven decision making.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to job search