Senior Supply Planning Analyst
Posted Date: Sep- 7-2021
Job ID: 21301
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Product Design/Development
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: Yes
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
Reporting to the Manager, Supply Planning, this position contributes to REI’s success by optimizing Co-op Brands’ supply planning strategy through execution of accurate and flexible supply plans, order management, and operational analysis. Maintains collaborative relationships across REI planning, assortment, logistics, sourcing, and other functional teams to ensure Co-op Brand production and inventory deliveries are in in lock step with the Co-op’s needs. Facilitates or initiates initiatives to improve delivery accuracy and reduce order to delivery lead time. Collaborates and communicates across divisions and teams to appropriately highlight areas of opportunity or risk. Continuously works to build value and reduce waste within Supply Planning and across the Co-op. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
• Partners with Manager, Supply Planning to develop supply planning models which support sales and inventory goals
• Uses a collaborative approach with Product and Planning teams to obtain and ensure current, accurate information
• Summarizes and present seasonal analysis to cross-functional teams and external partners
• Ensures on-time forecast completion; reviews and analyzes forecast information; identifies, quantifies, and communicates forecast change risks and opportunities
• Contributes to the development of alternate supply models (such as replenishment programs), owns the execution of programs and establishes strong working relationships with key partners to help ensure program success
• Monitors and communicates timeline deviations to support production start dates
• Maintains reporting calendar and pro-actively set deadlines and expectations for information needs
• Maintains Vanguard and established systems of records
• Creates and manages replenishment and testing models, identify appropriate styles for inclusion
• Coordinates cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant forecast to order variances and refine the forecast model for improved future results
• Proactively monitors and resolves PO delivery performance issues in partnership with Sourcing, with a special focus on priority products
• Utilizes multiple data sources, or creates new data sources, to provide insights into performance and the impacts to REI’s on hand inventory and product planning
• Analyzes and acts upon product trends and performance
• Manipulates/mines data from database tools (Snowflake, SQL server, Power BI) to create reports and analyses that drive planning decision making
• Identifies and adopts best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
• Continually improves ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
Bring your passion and expertise
• Understanding and effective execution of merchandising trend analysis: industry, product, regional, seasonal, fashion, technical.
• Understanding and effective execution of merchandising math principles: initial mark-up, gross margin, markdowns, shrink, damages, inventory turnover, open-to-buy.
• Strong analysis skills: ability to recognize trends and execute adjustments with internal and external partners, capitalizing on both strategic and tactical opportunities.
• Negotiation experience/aptitude.
• Proficient in MS Office including Excel formula and VBA coding, and aptitude for mastering proprietary systems. I.E. Enovia, SAP.
• Proficient in data retrieval, aggregation, and visualization tools - Tableau, Snowflake, Power BI, Business Objects
• Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
• Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
• Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
• Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
• Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
• Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
• Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
• Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
• Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
• Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
• Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to job search