Lead Software Engineer- Customer Accounts
Posted Date: Sep- 7-2021
Job ID: 21307
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: Yes
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Customer Accounts technology team as a backend Lead Software Engineer. Members are at the heart of the Co-op, and this team works in systems across REI’s digital landscape to elevate the experience and benefits of being a member. We are also responsible for the greenfield development of web application systems to enable REI, our members, and our customers to protect, support, and advocate for the outdoors. We've set some lofty goals and the challenges that lie ahead are many and diverse but staying true to our values in action - "we go further together". We invite you to join us on our journey. Bring your passion, curiosity and respect for your fellow humans and join a talented team focused on making our digital offerings the best on the planet.
• Analyzes, designs, develops, implements, documents and maintains application systems, working on moderately complex to highly complex work tasks or project assignments
• Gathers, analyzes and translates business and non-functional requirements into a solution design. Lead meetings to define business requirements and technical designs. Executes tasks, estimates resources, establishes timelines and prioritizes work
• Designs, develops to specifications and maintains application code in accordance with the current development and project management methodologies and best practices
• Manages work assignments according to current project methodologies or as directed.
• Prepares required documentation for the portion of work assigned.
• Consults with Quality Assurance and Business Analysts in the development and execution of test plans.
• Provides technical assistance and problem resolution for assigned systems. Leads resolution of production support problems in accordance with problem management policies and procedures. Leads resolution of production support incidents in accordance with incident management policies and procedures. Coordinates with vendors for problem resolution and change requests
• Provides technical guidance to ensure that installed systems are working effectively and that proposed systems will meet organization’s future needs
• Identifies and provides recommendations for system process improvements
• Ensures smooth implementation of new technologies and vendor integrations by using their expertise on their assigned domains and interfaces
• Looking for someone who knows how to break down and sequence complex changes into smaller chunks
Bring your passion and expertise
7+ years in professional software development with deep experience with Java based micro services (spring boot in particular). Prior experience as a lead in a continuous delivery environment.
5+ years in web application development, including experience working in enterprise applications with many interconnected systems.
2+ years Agile development experience/DevOps environment
5+ years working with build tools such as Maven, Gradle or Ant
5+ years working with source/version control systems such as Git, SVN, CVS
3+ years writing unit tests with frameworks such as Junit, TestNG or similar
2+ years writing code leveraging Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Spring Framework
3+ years writing unit tests with mocks utilizing mocking frameworks such as Mockito, Easymock
2+ years working with CI/CD pipelines
3+ years designing and building RESTful APIs with tools like JAX-RS, RestEasy, Spring RestTemplate, Spring RestController or similar
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to job search