Program Manager - Strategic Brand Partnerships
Posted Date: Sep- 2-2021
Job ID: 21214
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: Yes
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
Here at the Co-op, partnerships are a vibrant driver of growth. Together with our brands, we work in service of our mission, accomplishing more together than we ever could alone. Our strategic vendor partners play a significant role in shaping programs that add significant value for our REI Members, our business, and our community. Your contribution to this work will help us build a world class partnership team and drive innovation through internal and external collaboration. In this role, you will have the opportunity to support key relationships with some of the hottest up-and-coming, as well as best-known, brands in the industry. This role will adopt the vision and strategy set for each strategic partner and lead annual planning to optimize an omnichannel experience for the brands and our customer meeting and exceeding mutual goals and objectives. This role requires heart, hustle, proactiveness, and an energy to champion these partnerships across the co-op. It’s designed for someone that is service-oriented, highly strategic, creative, customer-centered, empathetic, disciplined yet adaptive, and resourceful. It will require exceptional communication skills generating excitement and engagement as you collaborate with key cross divisional partners to bring annual plans to life and measure the impact they have on REI’s business, our membership, and our impact commitments.
• Shape and activate the vision set for the strategic vendor partnership portfolio
• Lead the annual plan planning for select key vendors a part of the larger strategic vendor portfolio based on the REI marketing and merchandising strategy
• Support supervisor in negotiating partnership agreements and coordinate with sourcing to execute partnership agreements
• Manage key vendor relationships from a list of select brands that Merchandising elevates through the portfolio
• Lead the agenda for weekly direct strategic vendor meetings
• Manage agenda and regular touchpoints with key cross divisional partners tied to planning and brainstorming sessions
• Support and manage individual vendor partnership strategies, their brief’s, respective audience targets, and individual partnership objectives.
• Work closely with marketing to design and manage select annual partnership marketing plans to deliver an omnichannel experience to the customer
• Work closely with marketing to integrate select partnership programs that will flow into the REI seasonal campaign narratives/calendars
• Lead reporting tied to the strategy and execution of each program to optimize future iterations
• Work with internal partners and the strategic vendors to monitor best practices, evaluate areas for continued enhancement, and emerging trends to assess how new opportunities can be leveraged and programming can be optimized.
• Act as a partnerships resource and subject matter expert for cross divisional partners
• Light travel may be required
Partnership Engagement • Manage key relationships and best-in-class service and support ethos for REI strategic vendor partners
• Execute individual, annualized, vendor strategies with a select portfolio of strategic vendor partners
• Plan and execute an omnichannel experience for select strategic vendor partners to engage with members, employees, and potential customers
• Collaborate with the vendor partner to design both traditional and non-traditional marketing tactics to create one-of-a-kind experiences for our members and customers
• Manage each annual Strategic Vendor Partnerships budget in support of individual vendor programs
• Ensure each strategic vendor program is on strategy, on time and within budget.
• Coordinate program reporting and analysis to determine overall success tied to larger objectives and KPI’s set for the annual vendor partner plan
Program Management• Support both retention and acquisition strategy execution in partnership with Marketing, Merchandising and the Sr PM of Strategic Partnerships.
• Create and execute cross-functional marketing plans, both customer and employee-facing, in support of respective annual partnership plans.
• In partnership with the visual merchandising team, drive member engagement at retail, ensuring the visual expressions in store meet the overarching partnership strategy
• Integrate REI’s Sustainability and the Inclusion Marketing commitments to enhance the overall program experience
• Work collaboratively with the REI Membership team to design key points of value through each respective vendor partner program
• Manage program reporting and annual score card with our vendor partners our internal stakeholders across the organization
Bring your passion and expertise
• 3-5+ years’ experience in brand marketing, account management, client management, business development or relevant field is required. Bachelors’ degree in marketing or relevant field preferred.
• 5+ years’ experience in developing marketing plans & strategies in collaboration with partner’s and team’s
• Experience developing annual partnership and marketing plans
• Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business and partnership goals.
• Demonstrated ability in bringing ideas to life in a marketing environment.
• Demonstrated experience in managing marketing relationships, including Co-op relationships.
• Experience in developing marketing, digital, and content partnership plans in collaboration with cross divisional teams
• Proven program manager experience with a track record of innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of issues or the pursuit of program opportunities
• Experience working with content and creative teams including design and copywriting functions.
• Retail industry experience strongly preferred.
• Proven track record developing program plans that meet/exceed goals and managing program budget.
• Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
• Ability to influence and bring to life strategy regarding key program initiatives
• Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
• Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
• Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
• Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans an