Specialist, Paid Search
Posted Date: Sep- 1-2021
Job ID: 21334
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: eCommerce / Online
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: Yes
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
We see our partners as extensions of REI’s business and a reflection of our company values. As the Paid Search and Shopping Specialist, you will be responsible for optimizing and expanding our Paid Search and Shopping program, focused primarily on delivering on our ambitious marketing transactional goals. The candidate should be excited to bring new ideas and tackle new challenges through a test and learn approach. The ideal candidate will have experience in search engine marketing analysis, optimization, and strategy development on a broad range of gear and apparel products, travel and outdoor experiences
• Build, launch and optimize large scale and complex SEM campaigns that align with business objectives related to gear and apparel, travel and experiences
• Be a subject matter expert for Paid Search and Shopping across all platforms
• Support analysis, growth, and optimization across Paid Search and Shopping
• Implement and execute the strategy, delivery and optimization of all SEM campaigns, whether Paid Search or Shopping, while closely working with the Program Manager and Sr. Program Manager to ensure strategies align and can identify efficiencies for the business
• Assist with budgeting and reporting, including weekly pacing, weekly business review, and monthly/quarterly forecasting as needed
• Work cross-functionally and clearly communicate with marketing planning and analytics, integrated and product marketing, REI Experiences, organic search, and Digital to execute campaigns
• Develop a general understanding of other traffic driver channels such as email, paid media, social commerce and retargeting, brand social, and direct mail to better integrate and optimize our Paid Search and Shopping channels.
Bring your passion and expertise
• 1-3 years online marketing experience, preferably search engine marketing, or travel experience with REI or similar retailer
• Creative thinker and self-starter that can solve complex relationship issues
• Ability to efficiently analyze data and tell its story to stakeholders
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products, with strong skills in Excel and Powerpoint
• Experience with Google Ads, Google Merchant Center, and Microsoft Ads
• Experience using enterprise bid management platforms such as Search Ads 360/SA360 is preferable
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be proactive, highly-organized, and capable of balancing multiple relationships and priorities simultaneously and successfully.
• Exhibit an enthusiastic and collaborative approach and build trust resulting in effective relationships across the Co-op
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to job search