Digital Insights and Optimization Analyst
Posted Date: Sep- 1-2021
Job ID: 21376
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: Yes
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
The Digital Insights and Optimization Analyst contributes to REI’s success by providing analysis, optimization testing, reporting, and actionable recommendations to the Digital division. The role brings significant analytical rigor to bear on a broad range of clickstream and offline data and testing assets to identify opportunities and evaluate the success of programs aimed at improving customer experience, engagement, and ROI. A successful Analyst in this role relies on extensive collaboration with other analysts and the development of effective cross-divisional relationships to act as a trusted advisor within the organization.
The Digital Insights and Optimization Analyst…
• Tracks, analyzes, and communicates customer, campaign, website, mobile, and sales behavior.
• Conducts a/b/n, multivariate, and algorithmic testing, and reports results in a clear and compelling manner.
• Demonstrates a strong understanding of business issues and operates using independent judgment within a collaborative environment.
• Helps provide actionable recommendations to influence business plans affecting all new and existing site features, functionality, and messaging.
• Uses a broad range of existing customer data to identify and evaluate opportunities for targeting and personalization.
• Identifies trends and anomalies while developing theories to explain them.
• Constantly seeks opportunities for collaboration and feedback from others.
• Constantly self-educates and learns while in a complex and dynamic environment.
• Supports user adoption of analytics to enable data-driven decision making.
• Supports data and testing governance efforts.
Bring your passion and expertise
• Minimum of 2+ years of experience in developing sound analytics-based solutions to business problems
• Demonstrated ability to communicate complex quantitative subject matter clearly and effectively to non-quant audiences, both orally and in writing
• Experience in experimental design, model selection, execution, and maintenance (experience in A/B/n testing preferred)
• Awareness of hypothesis testing concepts and practices (representative data, sample sizes, statistical significance, etc.)
• General understanding of digital retail operations (customer pathing, marketing channels, funnel conversion, targeting, personalization, and digital merchandizing)
• Experience working cross-divisionally to accomplish goals
• Self-starter who thrives in a collaborative environment
• Experience with SQL (proficiency preferred)
• Proficiency in the use of data visualization software (Tableau preferred)
• Proficiency with clickstream reporting tools (Adobe Analytics preferred)
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to job search