Director/General Manager of Activity: Run Business
Posted Date: Aug-31-2021
Job ID: 20852
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Merchandising
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: Yes
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
REI plays a central role connecting our customers/members to the right experiences, expertise, service, gear, and community. The Director and Activity General Manager of Run will help reach our customers/members with a high degree of relevance to their favorite outdoor activity. REI is prioritizing the run business in service of the overall market opportunity, customer/membership acquisition and brand awareness strategic priorities. This role is responsible for developing activity strategy, implementing these objectives, and coordinating efforts across the Co-op to align on the goals, expectations and shared outcomes for the run business.
This leader will contribute to the future growth of REI in this activity by building alignment with key business partners across the Co-op, to develop an activity strategy across the customer experience, retail and outdoor programming, gear and apparel, and go to market plan. They will create and lead an activity steering committee and coordinate through a small team of initiative managers. The Director will define and lead the evaluation, development and implementation of new business models and innovative enhancements to existing models that support the commercialization of opportunities within the activity space. The team will identify new areas in which REI can operate, which will attract new customers and meet existing customer’s different needs. The Director will work on a product delivery-constrained timeline that allows for decisions to be made through a data-driven, robust and repeatable planning and execution process that runs in conjunction with the budgeting and strategic planning process. This role will contribute to REI’s success by driving the development of an activity strategy and business model that delight customers, establish industry standards, and ensure the commercial health of the co-op.
Leading the Way
Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the organization promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
Supports the implementation of company programs, procedures, methods and practices to promote REI key messages.
Challenges and inspires employees to achieve business results.
Ensures employees adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
Oversees training and development of employees directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to employees in order to achieve department, company and customer results.
Establishes and maintains visibility within the department.
Monitors operational statistics, reports trends, variances and issues, and takes appropriate action.
Planning & Navigating
Leads the development and execution of the consumer-focused strategy and vision supported by external and internal analysis
Defines and develops creative, high quality business plans through the lens of the customer based on enterprise priorities
Accountable for the performance and results of overall budget for the activity
Develops detailed, clear and substantiated business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for business models
Develops overall performance KPIs and analytics capabilities to measure the success of the activity business and report during monthly business reviews
Manages prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational and marketing support load
Works closely with merchandising teams, retail operations, experiences, marketing/brand, digital/customer technology, and to deliver products to market
Drives product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
Proactively identifies and resolves strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
Bring your passion and expertise
• Strategic, big picture, quick thinker and intellectually curious problem solver
• Ability to lead adaptively through complex and ambiguous problems and situations
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to build trusted relationships with all levels within and outside of the organization
• Ability to work in a matrix environment with multiple business functions
• Strong presentation skills with the ability to present to and influence diverse audiences on strategic initiatives and business opportunities
• Analytical mindset and ability to synthesize complex information, connect ideas with data, and present in digestible, easy to understand format.
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment, and effectively manage and meet multiple, simultaneous deadlines with minimum assistance.
• Challenges the status quo, champions and manages change
• Establishes trust and inspires others.
• Creates a strong, mutually supportive work spirit and culture where people can do their best.
• Champions the organization and advocates strategic thinking and problem solving in the overall Company's best interest.
• Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
• Synthesizes insights from a variety of sources including feedback from others to reach sound business cases and decisions.
• 12+ years of work experience within the retail / consumer, finance, or management consulting fields preferred
• 7+ years of management experience
• BS or BA, preferably in a related field (marketing, business, economics, etc.)
• MBA preferred
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Background or interest in consumer/retail/outdoor/active lifestyle sector preferred
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer