Manager, Membership Growth Strategy
Posted Date: Sep-10-2021
Job ID: 20098
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
At the Co-op, our goal is to lower the barrier to the outdoors by making an outdoor lifestyle relatable, accessible, and meaningful to all people. REI’s membership program is foundational to the Co-op and this work. The Manager, Membership Growth Strategy will directly impact our long-term success by leading strategic direction of innovative programs that add value to the REI membership and drive new member growth.
This role will be responsible for translating business goals and opportunities into impactful initiatives that drive the growth of REI’s membership program. They will work with the Sr. Manager to define long-term strategies that drive program growth, establish best in class industry standards, and ensure the commercial health of the Co-op.??The Manager will guide a team to grow member conversion through development, testing, management, and optimization of strategies across channels and touchpoints.
The ideal candidate for this role must have strong communication and influencing skills, as well as adaptability and a willingness to regularly advocate for their work, as they consult with cross functional partners to get buy in on strategies to grow the membership base. They will be able to balance both the art and science of acquiring members: translating data and customer insights, trends, and gaps into soundly articulated business opportunities that transform into storytelling that enables customers to clearly see the value of joining the Co-op.
This role will partner with leaders across the Co-op in Digital, Retail, Marketing and Customer Insights. The Manager, Membership Growth Strategy will be held accountable to communicate the team vision and share results that demonstrate the program impact to leaders and other divisions.
• Provides thought leadership on customer acquisition landscape, and proactively defines innovative strategies for the Co-op to grow membership acquisition, targeting key customer segments.
• Develops and delivers annual initiative prioritization to deliver against Co-op strategic goals, including leading vetting of new strategic initiatives and offerings.
• Drives alignment around holistic customer journey with key, omnichannel business lines to bring optimal touchpoints to acquire members.
• Communicates program strategies and results consistently to create transparency and visibility into the impact of the program.
• Leads development of innovation and business plans and optimizes offering strategies to meet/exceed business objectives and manage program budgets.
• Partners with the customer insights team and digital team to identify and prioritize needs of members and customers.
• Leverages analytics to optimize performance, guide strategic roadmap and demonstrate program impacts to leadership.
• Provides coaching, direction, and leadership support to employees in order to achieve department, company, and customer results.
• Challenges and inspires employees to achieve business results.
Bring your passion and expertise
• Bachelors in Marketing, Business or other relevant field. MBA preferred
• 5+ years’ experience in customer acquisition, customer journey mapping or loyalty
• 3+ years direct supervisory experience?
• A solid business understanding and proven ability to develop, enhance, implement, and measure successful customer acquisition required.
• Demonstrated ability to assess important market requirements and opportunities and identify competitive opportunities.
• Strong analytical skills and experience developing financial models, monitoring KPIs and managing a P&L
• Experience finding avenues to hear from customers, use feedback to build a product roadmap and deliver results
• Builds capacity of individuals and teams through effective employee development, involvement, communication, and supervision efforts.
• Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to job search