Regional Business Development Manager - Bay Area
Posted Date: Sep-10-2021
Job ID: 21412
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Outdoor Education
Store: Bay North Gearbank
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by contributing to and implementing a regional business development plan that supports direct-to-consumer and business-to-business sales of Experiences programs. The position reports to the Regional Experiences Manager and works closely with the divisional Experiences Marketing & Business Development Manager and the Program Manager, Regional Business Development.
This plan includes outbound sales, participation in regional tourism marketing, implementing regional or locally relevant sales and marketing tactics, and provides support and collaboration to broader Co-op marketing campaigns. The Regional Sales and Marketing Manager is accountable for maximizing visibility of REI’s Experiences to residents and tourists in the region, ensuring program accuracy and customer relevance in promotional materials, upholding REI brand standards and putting the customer at the center.
The Regional Business Development Manager works closely with the Regional Experiences Manager to earn group business and has strong ties to sales and customer service and business operations. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
• Develops and implements annual regional sales and marketing plan including both a direct to consumer and business to business approach.
• Generates new business opportunities/sales through B2B relationships within the region.
• Establish and maintain relationships with hotels, tourism associations and organizations, event planners, destination management companies, and corporate in-house event organizers within the region.
• Attends regional industry networking events and tradeshows.
• Hosts familiarization tours and site inspections for partners, prospects, and media.
• Manages collateral to support regional sales and marketing.
• Compiles, evaluates, and recommends regional advertising, media, or marketing opportunities.
• Manages regional business listings on partner websites, Google, Yelp, and other review sites.
• Reviews and ensures accuracy and regional relevancy of program information across digital and print collateral.
Bring your passion and expertise
• 3+ years experience in outbound B2B sales OR in destination marketing or management
• Ability to effectively manage competing priorities and shifting deadlines
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, strong proofreading, grammar, and copywriting skills
• Contributes to a strong and mutually supportive work spirit and culture
• Strategic thinker with an analytical mind that seeks opportunity
• Strong client facing experience and relationship building skills
• Ambitious self-starter with demonstrated ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute to get the job done
• Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
• Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
• Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
• Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
• Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
• Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
• Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
• Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
• Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
• Preferred degree in marketing, communications, or business (not required)
• Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
• Preferred experience working in tourism, hospitality, or events industry (not required)
• Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to job search