Operations Program Supervisor, Employee Journey & Training
Posted Date: Sep-10-2021
Job ID: 21226
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Travel and Adventure
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: Yes
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by leading the creation and implementation of Co-op Experiences Operations at a national level. This role leads work and team members to build and manage operational processes, resources, plans, policies, and tools to ensure field leaders and staff can successfully deliver a 5-star customer experience.
The role will specialize in employee journey and training operations, which includes recruiting, training roadmap and content development, learning management system administration, and employee development and recognition. If you are an experienced people leader that is passionate about attracting, developing, and supporting the best field staff in the industry, apply now!
• Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the organization promotes a successful
• attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
• Supports the implementation of company programs, procedures, methods and practices to promote REI key messages.
• Challenges and inspires employees to achieve business results.
• Ensures employees adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
• Oversees training and development of employees directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
• Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
• Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to employees in order to achieve department, company and customer results.
• Establishes and maintains visibility within the department.
• Manages and directs the work of Operations Coordinator(s) to assure the goals are met.
• Plans, prioritizes, and leads bodies of work or discrete projects in alignment with Experiences goals and objectives.
• Manages relationships with internal and external partners to support operational excellence.
• Day-to-day management and planning of budget lines for assigned areas of leadership.
• Adapts communication styles to work effectively with all levels, both in-person and in remote working environments.
• Establishes the measurement of operational objectives and evaluates the success of the operations on a routine basis
• and provides on-going feedback and communication to internal and external partners.
• Participates in “on-call” responsibilities of the department’s emergency phone when scheduled.
• Uses systems analysis to support and activate work to for process improvement.
• Ensures REI Experiences meet quality, risk management and/or compliance expectations.
• Travels to REI Experiences locations to observe, evaluate and ensure quality of execution meets expectations.
Bring your passion and expertise
• 4+ yrs experience in outdoor education and/or adventure travel program operations
• Preferred 2+ years management or supervisory experience
• 2+ years experience managing, developing, and executing operational systems
• 2+ years of overseeing revenue and expense budgets of $500K or larger
• Preferred experience in Project Management
• Ability to work independently with in-person as well as remote managers and peers
• Ability to travel with extended stays and/or traveling to multiple locations.
• Builds capacity of individuals and teams through effective employee development, involvement, communication, and supervision efforts.
• Creates a strong, mutually supportive work spirit and culture where people can do their best.
• Establishes trust and inspires others.
• Makes effective organization and people decisions in a manner consistent with REI's values and ethics.
• Delivers on commitments and holds others to same.
• Champions the organization and advocates solutions in the overall Company's best interest.
• Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
• Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
• Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
• Fosters change in company direction.
• Effectively plans and executes changes.
• Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Leisure and Recreation Management, OR equivalent experience (degree not required)
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to job search