Marketing Analyst - Strategic Partnerships
Posted Date: Sep-10-2021
Job ID: 20974
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Marketing
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: Yes
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
This role sits on the Marketing Planning team within the Marketing Department. The Marketing Planning team is responsible for Marketing’s performance reporting, event/campaign analytics, traffic and spend forecasting/optimization, offer analytics, and annual strategic planning. This team collaborates across multiple teams within Marketing and cross-divisionally with Finance, Digital, Retail, and Merchandizing.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn about and support all the existing functions of the Marketing Planning team, as well as help our team tackle new challenges. One key area of opportunity for this role is building out reporting around REI’s strategic partnerships. This person will conduct analyses and leverage data to monitor performance, share insights, and identify opportunities that will be critical for evaluating the success of these partnerships, both for REI and our brand partners.
This role is a combination of independent data work, presentations, and collaboration between Marketing Planning and various other teams at the Co-op, such as Product Marketing, Strategic Partnerships, and Marketing Integration.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who has a passion for data analysis and communicating results to a non-technical audience. This person enjoys working independently as well as collaboratively with different stakeholders across the organization.
Bring your passion and expertise
• 3+ years of experience in an analytical role
• Preferred 3+ years of experience in marketing, a multi-channel retailer, a B2C company, or consulting
• 1+ years of creating and presenting analyses to internal or external stakeholders
• 1+ years of experience with Tableau, Power BI, Periscope, or similar
• 1+ years of experience writing SQL
• A solid business understanding and the proven ability to perform in-depth analysis, compile and interpret results, and report and present strategies and make recommendations to senior management.
• Bachelor’s degree in quantitative or marketing field, or equivalent relevant work experience
• Preferred Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
• Ability to effectively and diplomatically communicate (written and verbal) with both internal and external contacts.
• Excellent follow through and attention to detail.
• Demonstrated project management skills exercising sound judgment while displaying initiative and innovation on the job.
• Ability to work independently, be self-directed, budget time, handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze and objectively solve problems.
• Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
• Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
• Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
• Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
• Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
• Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
• Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
• Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
• Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
• Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
• Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to job search