4th Shift Stocking Lead (Fri-Mon 4am-2pm) - Goodyear
Posted Date: Sep-15-2021
Job ID: 21641
Job Function: Distribution Center
Store: Distribution Center AZ
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
Our Operations Leads are a vital part of the REI Team and are the most common entry point into our Distribution Center Team. This is a critical roles in REI’s company as the lead supports the leadership team and ensures the success of the Co-Op! These positions support all areas of the Distribution Center including, but not limited to, the following areas: merchandise handling (picking and putting away), receiving, price marking, splitting, shipping, packaging specialized customer orders, handling cardboard and waste for team efficiency and the preparation and assembly of bicycles.
Bring your passion and expertise
We are looking for bright and motivated people to join our Distribution Center staff and help contribute to REI’s success as the nation’s largest consumer co-op. The primary focus of the Operations Lead is to lead others as they move product accurately and efficiently throughout the warehouse. Some of these Leads may have the opportunity, after training and certification, to operate power equipment such as pallet riders. Leads will work in multiple areas as assigned and support areas based on business volume and team performance.
Here are the skills we look for in our Warehouse Associates:
• Proven leadership experience 2+ years
• Prior warehouse or relevant experience
• Familiarity working with computer systems and/or RF equipment
• Prior experience using power equipment to safely process freight throughout the facility (current and valid drivers license suffices)
• Ability to comprehend and apply Standard Operations Procedures (SOP’s) and receive direction from peers, operational leads, and Supervisors, Operations.
• Physical ability to frequently lift and shift boxes weighing an average of 20 to 30 pounds with a maximum of 65 pounds throughout a full shift of work.
• Ability to meet or exceed attendance requirements, providing reliable and predictable attendance.
• Ability to work safely, minding personal and team safety in daily operations.
• Basic math skills.
• Ability to work in multiple areas as trained on a daily or weekly basis.
• Actively participates and collaborates with others on one's own team and across REI for the achievement of business goals.
• Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI
• Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
• Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
• Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
• Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
• Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
• Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
• Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
• Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
• Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
• The ability to frequently lift and shift boxes weighing an average of 20 to 30 pounds with a maximum of 65 pounds throughout a full shift of work.
• The ability to work in a standing or walking environment for 8-10 hour shifts
• The ability to cross train in other departments and train others.
• The ability to comprehend and apply SOP’s
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to job search