Engineering Manager- Explore and Canopy
Posted Date: Aug- 3-2021
Job ID: 20740
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
This an exciting opportunity at REI to lead an established team focused on Expertise across the REI.com ecosystem and our product pages. This Manager will support our Explore Team. This team will continue to partner with their Product Manager to find new and innovative ways to deepen a member’s relationship with REI through demonstrating the knowledge and expertise of REI and our greenvests, bringing expertise from in the field to our digital experience. This team also supports part of the most critical path in our online shopping experience- our product details pages. If you are passionate about working with your business partners to find innovative solutions, leading agile teams that center on continuous delivery, automation, and making a difference in inspiring people to spend more time outdoors – this is the job for you!
• Lead agile teams in delivering high performance solutions
• Collaborate with Business Partners and peers in solving unique business problems
• Define the roadmap for several business capabilities
• Lead the team in continuous improvement
• Create a strong, mutually supportive work spirit and culture where people can do their best
• Stay abreast of new technology, bringing it back to the team.
• Challenges and inspires employees to achieve business results.
• Ensures employees adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
• Oversees training and development of employees directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
• Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to employees in order to achieve department, company and customer results.
• Collaborates with Enterprise Architecture to align and integrate business line initiatives with enterprise-wide strategic technology plans/roadmaps.
Bring your passion and expertise
• Demonstrated experience in challenging and inspiring others to provide customer centric solutions
• Demonstrated experience in leading agile teams and understanding of Agile methodology and Lean principles
• Bachelor’s degree or related experience in technology related discipline
• 5+ years’ experience in a technology position
• 5+ years’ experience in people management
• Experience in managing to a budget
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with business partners
• Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, set priorities and manage to critical deadlines
• Ability to present information effectively to all levels of staff and leadership
• Ability to negotiate contracts and agreements with vendors and service providers in the information technology business
• Demonstrated curiosity in the latest innovations in retailers and their omni-channel capabilities
• Deep technical acumen
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to job search