Director of Information Security Engineering and Operations
Posted Date: Nov- 1-2021
Job ID: 21800
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
The Director, Security Engineering and Security Operations is accountable for REI’s overall Information Technology (IT) security program. This includes but is not limited to leading security architecture and engineering, vulnerability management, security portfolio and program management, security operations center. The person in this role is the champion and advocate for IT security and works closely with REI’s enterprise risk management and security organization. This job contributes to REI’s success by developing, recommending and leading planning, strategies, and implementation of REI’s IT security program to ensure the IT environment (applications, infrastructure, SaaS, Cloud Services, and on premise data centers) is secure and protected from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure or destruction. Leads, coordinates and collaborates with IT leaders, managers, and staff to implement tools and processes throughout the security development lifecycle for intrusion detection and protection. The director actively keeps abreast of new technology and IT service delivery methods to ensure REI is up to date with current IT security practices.
Leading the Way:
· Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the organization promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
· Supports the implementation of company programs, procedures, methods and practices to promote REI key messages.
· Oversees training and development of employees directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
· Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to employees in order to achieve department, company and customer results.
· Monitors operational statistics, reports trends, variances and issues, and takes appropriate action.
Your Planning & Navigating Requirements:
· Accountable for identifying and assessing IT security-related issues currently and potentially impacting IT and business performance.
· Oversees IT security architecture including but not limited to roadmaps, assessments, principles, standards and security development lifecycle. Aligns with Enterprise Architecture on architecture principles and standards.
· Accountable for overseeing security operations center and associated tools.
· Directs the development of tools and design or re-engineering of processes for intrusion detection and prevention based on current best practices in the industry.
· Oversees vulnerability management including scanning, testing, remediation, and reporting.
· Participates in division strategic planning, applying a current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems which significantly impact the effective execution of business processes.
· Prepares budget recommendations for staffing needs, costs of equipment and tools, maintenance, and future projects. Sets IT Security and Risk Management investment portfolio in conjunction with IT leadership.
· Collaborates with other IT department leaders to identify business needs; plan, schedule, and coordinate work; and ensure integration of business needs and information technology solutions. .
· Creates and maintains staffing plans. Ensures the team is properly trained and staffed to handle the projected workload, both from an internal staffing and outsourcing standpoint.
· Performs basic line supervision, including hiring, firing, conducting performance reviews, setting performance goals, promotions, salary increases, developing subordinates, and managing performance and discipline.
· Keeps abreast of technology changes and innovations in the information technology field generally, and acts as IT “guru” and resource relative to information technology security issues, trends, tools and solutions.
· Manages or coordinates vendor relationships and contracts for products, services and support
Bring your passion and expertise
• 3 years of information security leadership experience specific to security engineering/operations.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to job search