Posted Date: Nov- 8-2021
Job ID: 22044
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Information Technology
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: No
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
At REI Co-op, we believe that a life outdoors is a life well lived. As an employee of REI, you will have the opportunity to shape what it means to be a Co-op Member. REI is more than an outdoor retailer – our members engage with us in experiences, content and community, advocacy and more.
We are looking for a Privacy Engineer to join our Privacy Operations team to lead the effort to procure and administer technologies needed to support REI’s Privacy Program. The Privacy Engineer be required to work with cross-functional teams integrating various internal applications with privacy software to support Data Subject Requests (DSRs), Data Mapping, Privacy Impact Assessments (PIA) and other privacy initiatives. This role will require interfacing with developers and architects at the Co-op and other external partners in implementing big data solutions that enable us to be data driven while protecting the personal information of our customers, employees and our members.
In this role you will:
• Serves as product owner for all Privacy Operations applications (OneTrust, DataGuidance, etc.).
• Collaborate with various cross-functional teams to strategize about privacy products that meet compliance requirements.
• Advise on new feature development, product roadmaps, research, and other key critical initiatives for the Privacy Operations program.
• Analyze needs of the Privacy Operations team against current market trends, and potential partnerships from an ROI and build vs. buy perspective.
• Develop a vision for the privacy platforms that supports the mission of data protection and transparency at REI.
• Identify potential gaps/risk areas and opportunities for driving cross-functional collaboration in these areas, such as developing product offerings that help REI comply with an increasingly active regulatory landscape.
• Guide the development of new privacy products and features.
• Interface with the data science and analytics communities both within and outside of the organization.
• Model and act in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
Bring your passion and expertise
Bachelor’s degree in Product Management or Engineering or equivalent training and experience.
Knowledge of Project Management methodologies.
5+ years’ experience working with various internal teams on GDPR or CCPA/CPRA privacy initiatives.
Exceptional writing skills combined with strong presentation and public speaking skills.
Experience in one or more of the following: security, privacy, identity access management (IAM), or compliance.
Knowledge of multiple functional areas (e.g., Product Management, Engineering, UX/UI, Sales, Customer Support, Finance, Human Resources or Marketing).
IAPP Privacy certification (CIPT) or similar.
Experience with structured project life cycle, systems development management tools and service management methodologies.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to job search