Manager, Product Management Coop Brand Technology
Posted Date: Oct- 6-2021
Job ID: 20689
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Product Design/Development
Store: Seattle HQ
Remote Eligible: Yes
Please visit the Covid-19 Hiring Updates before applying
What's cool about this job
The Co-Op Brands Systems Technology Senior Manager leads the vision and creation of the Co-op Brands technology roadmap. This role is responsible to develop the technology strategy to support Co-Op Brands business growth, fuel sophistication and efficiency, and enable modernized operating practices. This role leads the discovery, implementation, and support of technology needs sustaining the scope of Co-op Brands in its entirety, from design and development, through supply planning and production. Since building and delivering product is at the core of Co-op Brands and the reason for being, a deep understanding of product design and development processes are critical to the success of this role. The Co-Op Brands Systems Technology Senior Manager must develop a thorough understanding of all aspects of business strategy and develop trusted partnerships with stakeholders across the organization to ensure successful alignment and implementation of all technology solutions. The Senior Manager, Co-Op Brands Systems Technology leverages internal and external analysis to drive decisions around the development and vision of the customer-focused technology strategy to support Co-op Brands business and growth opportunities. This role leads a team of Co-Op Brands Systems Technology Managers to work with enterprise and domain architects, IT leaders, and other directors, executives, and stakeholders to deliver a suite of integrated technology products in support of the Co-op Brands strategy.
• Drives the strategy for the Co-op Brands Systems Technology Manager team
• Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the organization promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
• Supports the implementation of company programs, procedures, methods and practices to promote REI key messages.
• Challenges and inspires employees to achieve business results.
• Ensures employees adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
• Oversees training and development of employees directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions.
• Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews.
• Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to employees in order to achieve department, company and customer results.
• Establishes and maintains visibility within the department.
• Monitors operational statistics, reports trends, variances and issues, and takes appropriate action.
• Partner across Co-op Brands executive leadership to understand holistic mid to long-term business strategy. Lead the creation of effective, high-quality technology roadmaps to support this strategy
• Lead the Co-op Brands technology product team to connect strategy with business capabilities and outcomes
• Engage with the business to ensure that business needs, viewpoints and objectives are fully represented in technology solutions
• Partner with IT teams and business representatives to select and deliver new technology which meets current and future business needs, and which works within the envisioned integrated systems landscape
• Effectively lead, communicate, and align with multiple technology product teams, IT partners, stakeholders, and executives to drive towards common goals
• Form close relationships with cross-division product team leaders to coordinate on integration points and align towards solutions supporting end-to-end business processes
• Work closely with Co-Op Brands Systems Technology Managers and IT project management to ensure all products are delivered on-time
• Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impede the team’s ability to meet goals
• Manage prioritization and trade-offs, including the opportunity backlog (a prioritized list of problems that we can solve for our internal customers in order to provide value)
• Work across the needs of all Co-op Brands teams to ensure that opportunities are equitably prioritized and assigned for discovery by our IT teams. Work with stakeholders to quantify and articulate the value of these opportunities. Articulate prioritization decisions to stakeholders
Bring your passion and expertise
• 10+ years or equivalent experience managing medium to large projects with both a business and a technology focus.
• 8+ years or equivalent experience leading business capability development and technology product strategy.
• 5+ years managing multiple system technology managers.
• Technical fluency and ability to clearly communicate user and business benefits for various technologies; ability to succinctly and clearly communicate technology concepts, trade-offs and new opportunities.
• Demonstrated competency with new and emerging technologies.
• Proven track record of delivering impactful products to a broad customer base in an agile environment.
• Experience implementing and maintaining Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems and supply planning systems. Strong familiarity with virtual prototyping, print and graphics software and pattern-making software.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training and experience.
• Ability to build a strong customer-centric product vision, and create simple solutions to complex problems with competing priorities.
• Proven track record of taking ownership and building effective cross-functional partnerships with analytics, IT engineering, and business teams to successfully deliver customer experiences.
• Builds capacity of individuals and teams through effective employee development, involvement, communication, and supervision efforts.
• Champions the organization and advocates solutions in the overall Company's best interest.
• Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
• Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
• Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change. Fosters change in company direction.
• Effectively plans and executes changes.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees,