Thousand is looking for a strategic and relationship oriented Sales Director to lead Thousand’s wholesale growth strategy. This person will be responsible for scaling current channels (Specialty, Key Accounts, Distributors), new channels (a large international expansion in the next 2-3 years), and building out our current sales processes and programs (forecasting, dealer programs, training etc.)This is a cornerstone hire for Thousand, and will be responsible for driving top-revenue growth, building a best in class sales team, and growing high-quality and strategic distribution for a fast growing brand. This person will have P&L ownership over the wholesale department and be a member of Thousand’s leadership team.
What You'll Do
• Formulate and guide Thousand’s 3 yr. growth strategy by channel (speciality, key accounts, distributors)
• Building out a best in class sales team and org, while managing an existing team of 2; Coach internal team members and onboard best-in-class external partners
• Build, manage and deploy an annual budget to ensure Thousand is allocating resources to scale effectively, while getting an ROI on dollars spent
• Build an international expansion strategy; source, vet, and onboard distributors partnerships into 10+ countries.
• A strong understanding of contract negotiations, contract terms and conditions.
• Develop a deep understanding of how we can service our customers better (specialty, distributors, and key accounts), and launch best in class programs and systems that will enhance our retailer’s experience and loyalty
• Grow and manage key accounts and distributors through data driven recommendations; present new products and lead the development of new programs and processes
• Create and execute a bottoms up monthly forecast by sales channel and region
• Establish planning and PO placement cadence with distributors and key accounts
• Actively collaborate with operations team to ensure adequate supply, and departments to ensure buy in
Why work for Thousand?
Thousand is an urban mobility brand that makes safety seamless to get people moving + help save lives. We have a big vision for the future, and need a resourceful and hardworking individual to join our mission. This role is for someone who wants to be a part of something bigger than themselves.
COMMITTED TO SUSTAINABILITY.
From our partnership with 1% For The Planet to our Carbon Offset Program, we're committed to making high-quality products without causing unnecessary harm to our planet.
We treat each other with mutual trust and respect.
We're in this together. Be open to supporting others, and lean on teammates for support. Don't be afraid to help others keep on track, ask questions, or for help if you need it.
We believe having team members from different backgrounds, with different opinions gets us to better solutions--faster. Respect your teammates perspectives, even if they differ from your own. Speak up and share the unique knowledge, skills, and abilities that you have with the team. Make suggestions in team meetings, or ask questions like, "Has this been tried before?"
Act like an owner in everything you do. Be proactive, be present, and take accountability for your choices, and your outcomes. Our goal isn’t to check boxes, it’s to get quality results.
Who you are:
• Deeply understands our customer, and makes decisions from the lens of what’s best for the consumer vs. the retail buyer
• A forward thinking self starter that loves building building a strong brand, as much as building relationships
• An entrepreneurial and collaborative leader excited about building out a best in class wholesale team. You’ll serve as a face for Thousand’s wholesale team, internally and externally.
• 7+ years experience in sales. Experience in a larger consumer goods brand with established processes is a plus.
• Significant experience in negotiating contracts; international experience is a plus
• Deep knowledge of best in class tools, best practices, and vendors within the sales space
Please submit resume and intro letter through Malakye.com