JOLYN has carved itself a niche in the swimwear and apparel industry by combining the technical structure of performance gear with an aesthetic sensibility. An innovative hybrid, JOLYN’s excellence in both worlds has gained our products access to the elite world of competitive water sports, as well as crowning the brand a fashion editorial darling.
The Staff Accountant will play an instrumental role in the close process, planning process and analysis for JOLYN, and will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer. The functions of this role will directly impact financial close, financial reporting, financial analysis, budgeting and forecasting.
• Work with supervisor to develop controls for a growing organization; provide input relating to processes, procedures, projects, and self-improvement
• Enter vendor bills and respond to all vendor inquiries
• Accrue for all invoices not received prior to month-end close
• Reconcile bank and credit card accounts and ensure reconciling items are cleared
• Record various recurring monthly journal entries in preparation for financial close, including prepaid amortization, deferred rent, etc.
• Record cash sales in accounting system from POS reports
• Primary responsibility for fixed assets
-- Responsible for ensuring depreciation is calculated appropriately and all disposals, decommissions, write-downs, etc. are properly captured.
-- Maintain monthly reconciliations and roll-forward schedules; provide fixed asset related information for tax purposes
-- Update and review capital expenditure tracking and further develop capital expenditure request policy
• Primary responsibility for credit and collections process
-- Approve credit limits for new customers requesting payment terms
-- Follow-up on past due customer accounts
-- Investigate invoice discrepancies and issue customer credits, as required
• Perform certain month-end balance sheet account reconciliations
• Assist with year-end audit testing procedures
• Assist with various system implementations, including user acceptance testing for all relevant functions
• Manage multiple reporting requirements and ensure deadlines are met
• Ad hoc information gathering, analysis, reporting, as needed
• Perform other related duties as directed by supervisor
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field; or
• At least 2-3 years related experience including general ledger close cycle; financial analysis, budget and forecasting a plus, public accounting a plus
• General MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
• Strong data analysis; attention to detail; strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with Accounting software applications a plus
Huntington Beach California
|Required Experience:||0 year(s)|
|Salary Range:||Not available|
Posted 5 days ago