JOLYN has carved itself a niche in the swimwear and apparel industry by combining the technical structure of performance gear with an aesthetic sensibility. An innovative hybrid, JOLYN’s excellence in both worlds has gained our products access to the elite world of competitive water sports, as well as crowning the brand a fashion editorial darling.
The Staff Accountant will play an instrumental role in the close process, planning process and analysis for JOLYN, and will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer. The functions of this role will directly impact financial close, financial reporting, financial analysis, budgeting and forecasting.
• Work with supervisor to develop controls for a growing organization; provide input relating to processes, procedures, projects, and self-improvement
• Ensure all revenue transactions are properly recorded, including
- Revenue transactions originating in POS systems
- Revenue transactions originating from Amazon
- Proper deferrals of revenue for items not shipped
- Allowances for returns
- Credits and adjustments requested from AR
• Evaluate the company’s revenue policy for rewards programs
• Ensure all inventory entries are recorded, including
- Review and correct transactions showing zero margin
- Miscellaneous pulls from inventory and product comps from all sources; record the associated use tax due
- All inventory adjustments: damages, losses, miscellaneous 3PL adjustments, etc.
- Work closely with inventory planner and production team to ensure that all items were properly received in period.
- Review fabric and WIP reports from production, reconcile to ERP system, and resolve variances
- Work closely with AP team to ensure that open PO’s are received and billed
- Reconcile finished goods with source reports from 3PL’s and POS systems
• Coordinate quarterly inventory counts and sample counts of inventory
• Reconcile gift card liabilities and ensure all gift cards issued are properly recorded
• Record miscellaneous cash transactions daily
• Perform certain month-end balance sheet account reconciliations
• Assist with year-end audit testing procedures
• Assist with various system implementations, including user acceptance testing for all relevant functions
• Manage multiple reporting requirements and ensure deadlines are met
• Ad hoc information gathering, analysis, reporting, as needed
• Perform other related duties as directed by supervisor
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field; or
• At least 2-3 years related experience including general ledger close cycle; financial analysis, budget and forecasting a plus, public accounting a plus
• General MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
• Strong data analysis; attention to detail; strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with Accounting software applications a plus
Please submit resume through Malakye.com