Art Department Assistant
- Confidential Company
- United States
- 2 year(s)
- Not Available
Fast-growing silk screen printing company located in central Orange County is looking for an energetic Art Department Assistant. Must have excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience working in a fast paced environment, be self-motivated with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and co-workers. Must demonstrate ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables with the ability to solve practical problems.
Will work closely with the technical designers, Art Department supervisor and production managers in executing the following responsibilities (limited but not inclusive of all):
1. Verifies films for registration and catalogs them by number.
2. Checks in/out film from log book.
3. Catalogs film, samples and customer disks.
4. Data entry of all necessary information into ShopWorks (computer software) program. This includes uploading bitmaps, entering color sequencing/color ways; specify screen size, and embellishments like foil, flock, embroidery, etc.
5. Creating/updating tech. packs per design for each customer by making binders by customer and season.
6. Artwork sizing printouts for approval.
7. Ordering supplies for the department.
8. Miscellaneous tasks as directed.
1. Proficiency with computer application (Excel, MS word, Outlook, Adobe, Illustrator) is required.
2. Must be detail-oriented and organized and work within time managed requirements.
3. Work well in a team environment.
4. Screen print experience is a plus.
5. Fluent in English and Spanish.
6. Silk Screen work environment a PLUS.
7. Required Overtime: Either before or after regular shift, including Saturday
8. Daily on-time and attendance – Standard office hours 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
9. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain quality relationships with production team members be self-motivated with the ability to effectively present information and communicate clearly either verbally or written; take directions accurately; Attention to detail and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced production environment is essential for success.
10 Being detailed oriented, organized and multi-tasked is essential to your success. This is an Hourly paid position (DOE $15.00/hr.). Responding to this job posting, please send your resume with a letter describing strengths and contributions during your work history.