Santa Ana, CA based manufacturer Fast-growing Santa Ana, CA based manufacture is looking for a talented INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER with demonstrated broad manufacturing environment experience. Must have excellent interpersonal skills, be self-motivated with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and co-workers. Must demonstrate ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables with the ability to solve practical problems.
The opening for an Industrial Engineer Lean Manufacturing is to develop and improve a wide variety of process related production opportunities. The Industrial/Continuous Improvement Engineer will assist with the development of business case, project plans, process initiatives and lead the implementation of continuous improvement projects and initiatives working with different levels of staff within the facilities. This position is accountable for enterprise wide Lean deployment, and ensures Lean activities are integrated with other business activities, improvement projects, and enterprise business strategies.
This position acts as an advisor or consultant to senior management. The candidate may serve as a company-wide resource or serve multiple units in a broader functional area and assist senior management to interpret and use provided information.
The candidate will have successfully demonstrated strategic vision and systems thinking, and must be highly credible with business unit leaders. This position must be able to maintain credibility and positive relationships with all levels of the organization. This role requires the candidate to think quickly in a complex environment that is constantly changing. This position will require clearl communication and share the Lean vision.
Key Job Elements:
• Facilitate Continuous Improvement projects both in manufacturing and office environments.
• Ensure that safety, efficiency and quality are the prime focus.
• Identify opportunities for process improvement through the collection and analysis of performance data as well as feedback from process owners.
• Review and validate program outcomes to ensure desired results are achieved.
• Ensures all work is performed in accordance with initiative work plans and established targets.
• Continuous follow up to insure initiatives are in place and continue to operate as designed
• Maintain positive work relationships with members of other teams to communicate effectively and to ensure compliance with cross-team responsibilities.
• Define and conduct complex improvement projects.
• Identify and prioritize value generating opportunities for improvements in the plants.
• Support future state automation and capital projects to ensure Lean process flow is achieved.
• Partners with customers and stakeholders to scope new solutions and to translate needs into opportunities.
• Engage in project planning teams to identify Lean opportunities.
• Continuously drives to deliver the strategic objectives and supporting goals.
• Introduce new, or improve existing, process solutions in factory production lines to advance safety, efficiency, and quality.
• Builds rapport and develops partnerships to work effectively with all levels across the organization.
• Internally champion the Lean Startup methodologies for use as a competitive advantage.
• Develop internal understanding and capabilities for deploying rapid MVP (minimum viable product) project introduction.
• Collaborates on Lean Startup and TPM methodologies as our culture for doing rapid innovation and early management as a core competency of the organization.
• Engage in growth and development (i.e. seminars, further education, etc.) for your area of expertise.
• Drive competitive advantage and lean cost structure in your space. Utilizes team of team’s concepts with internal and external stakeholders to build robust programs with rapid innovation cycles.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Engineering or Business
• 5+ year’s previous experience in continuous manufacturing.
• Lean Manufacturing experience certified Black Belt preferred.
• Demonstrated leadership and experience leading in a manufacturing environment
• Measurable results using Lean principles in a manufacturing environment
• Strong project management and team leadership skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Cross-functional knowledge and experience in multiple functional areas of Manufacturing / Operations:
• Strong computer skills in various software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Project.
• Excellent organization, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills to interact with diverse, global, workforce.
• High dependability with a strong work ethic and commitment to deadlines.
• Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Verified references, physical and drug testing will be required.
• To apply, please submit resume and cover letter through Malakye. Please include a cover letter summarizing experiences and accomplishments and salary expectations. Resumes without required experience and without salary expectations will not be considered.
• PLEASE DO NOT REPLY IF YOU DON’T HAVE THE OUTLINED REQUIREMENTS.